cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY PLEASE FIX - Your buyer was waiting. We stepped in to speed up the process....

My buyer bought the wrong part. He admitted this was his error in not reading the description, and wanted to get the correct item. He was going to look on his machine for the model number to get the correct part. He was satisfied with how I was handling it.  I can only hope Ebay interference is not going to confuse the great customer service that I was carefully handling. Just give it time, EBAY. Please do not step in unless you are asked.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

EBAY PLEASE FIX - Your buyer was waiting. We stepped in to speed up the process....

It's a weekend thing: The blues have said that eBay will step in after 24 hour hours if the seller is ignoring the request.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Not ignoring. We have been communicating. Buyer and seller communication is a necessary part of the process for a happy buying experience. Ebay, please do not step in, unless you are asked.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@jgrit wrote:

Not ignoring. We have been communicating. Buyer and seller communication is a necessary part of the process for a happy buying experience. Ebay, please do not step in, unless you are asked.

You proceed under a false assumption.  You are not communicating with eBay on these boards, you are talking with other users like yourself.   If you want to speak with eBay you will need to call customer service by phone.  Good luck with that.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

You are not talking to ebay employees. We are other ebay users.

ebay only steps in if you or the buyer ask them to. If neither of you do, then there is no cause for concern.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@cream_couture wrote:

ebay only steps in if you or the buyer ask them to. If neither of you do, then there is no cause for concern.

Nope, eBay has unpublicized policy for the better part of 2 years now to step in on their own without being asked. Here's an example for an INR request, automatically escalated in exactly 24 hours during the weekend.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@ga-8370 wrote:

@cream_couture wrote:

Nope, eBay has unpublicized policy for the better part of 2 years now to step in on their own without being asked. Here's an example for an INR request, automatically escalated in exactly 24 hours during the weekend.

That is a completely different scenario involving an INR request in which ebay has estimated dates for shipping and no tracking number was uploaded by the seller.  The scenario were are discussing is a return request. Do you have a regular return request example?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Traveller: I say, is this Platt's Bottom?
Toddy: No, it's not, it's mine!
Traveller: Well, where do I find Platt's Bottom?
Toddy: Well, you don't start from there!
Traveller: Well, which direction is it?
Toddy: I don't know.
Paddy: Me neither.
Traveller: You're not very bright, are you?
Chirpy Chuckles: No, but we ain't lost.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@ga-8370 wrote:

@cream_couture wrote:

As the rep's mentioned, that was a test that was going on at that time. But you're saying that a 'test' that ebay was doing a year and a half ago regarding inr's when no tracking had been uploaded is still going on and that they have now included snad's in that 'test'?   Odd that you are the only one who is aware of that.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@cream_couture wrote:

You are not talking to ebay employees. We are other ebay users.

The cause for concern is that ebay's un-requested "stepping in" may confuse the buyer who is now in the process of going to the location of his machine for model number information. The buyer may even think that the change was initiated by me (seller). This would throw a wrench in the whole communication up to this point. For a happy buying experience, Ebay, please do not step in unless asked by the buyer or the seller.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

AMEN to that.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I understand your issue. However, as my response said ebay will not step in unless you or your buyer requests them to. And no one here is an ebay employee.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

So it is a no to having any examples that are relevant for this scenario. Or recent. Or helpful. lol

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

The buyer made no request since we have been communicating. The buyer was waiting until he obtained the necessary information to acquire the correct part. Ebay, UN-REQUESTED, stepped in on their own presumably to "speed up the process" which does not speed up anything and can only cause confusion. Ebay, please do not step in unless requested by the buyer or seller.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

You're in it, the latest example.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply