cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't be too quick to refund buyers for "Not Received"

I'm always averse to refunding someone if it isn't my fault. Yes there is customer service to be considered, but when you're in the right, hold your ground. So many people jump straight to refunding, and it's sad.

This was a situation that was good for me in multiple aspects ... an item was marked delivered, and my buyer left me (positive) feedback stating they didn't get it and would contact USPS about it.

A few days later the buyer messaged me saying he didn't get it and his mail carrier doesn't remember delivering it. (It was a small thin padded envelope, it's not a memorable delivery, so this was a meaningless comment from the carrier). I sent back a professional response, I sent him pics of the label used and sample padded envelope, suggested checking neighbors (he is in an apartment), told him to call post office, told him carrier scanners are GPS enabled, yada yada yada. Told him not much I can do for him as it was scanned delivered.

(I was at no risk of negative feedback, he already gave me positive, and it was already marked delivered).

Guess what! One week after "delivery" scan, the mail carrier FOUND the buyer's package in the back of his mail truck, and finally delivered it successfully.

"Sheet" happens!!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Don't be too quick to refund buyers for "Not Received"

I photo shot every International package and every "freight forward" package and send it to the buyer when it is mailed and tell them it is in the mail. Lucky me, no lost items last year or this year yet. "Knock on wood".

I think showing a photo of address on package and sending it to buyer helps for overseas shipments.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply