cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to use eBay shipping labels?

I typically print my labels from PirateShip, much cheaper, but with the new system in place I can't seem to find where I'd be able to switch from printing an eBay shipping label to my own preferred shipping labels. If I can just go to PirateShip and print my label, will eBay still deduct their postage cost (which means I'd be paying double shipping) - or - is there a way I can mark my eBay sale as "shipped" and provide my PirateShip Tracking Number??

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@artgal! wrote:

Well thank you, friskya! I didn't realize that Pirateship integrated with eBay, but sure enough, it was in their integrations list. Too easy.  Now if I can just figure out how we print packing slips for orders.  That seems to have disappeared on eBay or is it possible you can't print a packing slip if you didn't buy an eBay shipping label??

Hi @artgal! You may want to try printing the packing slip before purchasing the shipping label as a possible workaround. At the very least you can go here and get steps for the printer version option of the View Order Details page and use that. I hope either of these suggestions help! 

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

PirateShip integrates with eBay. 

Since you typically print from them, you should take advantage of their help pages to learn how to integrate (and how that integration works).

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Well thank you, friskya! I didn't realize that Pirateship integrated with eBay, but sure enough, it was in their integrations list. Too easy.  Now if I can just figure out how we print packing slips for orders.  That seems to have disappeared on eBay or is it possible you can't print a packing slip if you didn't buy an eBay shipping label??

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have yet to find pirate ship vs ebay labels makes any appreciable savings worth my time

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@artgal! wrote:

Hi @artgal! You may want to try printing the packing slip before purchasing the shipping label as a possible workaround. At the very least you can go here and get steps for the printer version option of the View Order Details page and use that. I hope either of these suggestions help! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you velvet! I'll keep that in mind for my next order. Guess all the new procedures just take some getting used to.

~Thanks again~

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

monster-deals,

The noticeable savings at PirateShip are mostly with USPS Priority mail. I just saved over $1.50 with PS vs eBay (1 lb 9 oz / poly bag), probably because they offer pricing by cubic/wt.
Most of my lighter, USPS First Class packages, however, do come out about the same.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Cubic rates are definitely a great feature at Pirateship.  But if you reach Tp Rated Seller, you get a 3% discount off of Priority Mail rates when you purchase through eBay.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You should be able to print a packing slip in sellers hub.  Go to orders and click on print packing slip in the dropdown next to that item.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply