cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to Opt out of Ebay International Standard Delivery before being invited to EIS?

I have two stores that I use Ebay International Standard Delivery on. I would like to change to the new EIS (Ebay International Shipping) Program in both accounts. From what I can tell it will be slightly cheaper for the buyer, and the fact that ebay handles all INADS and refunds buyers from their own pocket once items are sent back to the Hub, makes me want to really join.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-international-shipping

Screenshot_20230130_125027_Samsung Internet.jpg

This Help Artcle tells me in order to be invited to the program I need to end all Ebay Standard Delivery Options available on my items.

I did this on the other account I run. It had been a week of losing sales due to no international coverage, and still no invite.

Speaking to Ebay reps on chat is useless they really don't seem to know anything about whether it is true that I need to have all international shipping options disabled (besides GSP which I dont use) in order to get invited. They seem to suggest I can add back on Ebay International Standard and one day it will all just magically change to the new program. This is not what the help article is saying so I really don't believe them.

Anyway I don't want to be sitting here for a month losing international sales in hopes to get an invite to the new program.

Does anyone have any information that could help me?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Do I have to Opt out of Ebay International Standard Delivery before being invited to EIS?

does this page show you as 'enrolled' for THIS program

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

specifically EIS

and'yes' you need to drop ALL other forms of international shipping, but you must be enrolled

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This is what I see:

Screenshot_20230130_133154_Samsung Internet.jpg

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Do I need to enroll in the global Shipping program in order to get invited to enroll in EIS?

I see the same exact settings on my other store that has all international shipping options removed.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just got a private message from an ebay staff member who pointed out that on the help page for eBay international shipping there is a link you can click if you're interested in joining the program and haven't been invited. It opened up an email to 

ebayinternationalshipping@ebay.com

So I just sent them an email requesting to join the program early.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If that doesn't work for you, I would add GSP to those listings & wait.   The program is active, you're not asking to be let in "early".  I've been using it for 2 months.  Not sure how they chose who to include & when though.  I know GSP users were slated to be first to go into EIS & I was a GSP user. 

ETA:  And yes, I would opt out of EID, which I've never heard anything good about. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 7 of 7
latest reply