cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Lower Shipping Cost To Customer

Ebay is going to make visible to the customer the discounted price I pay for shipping by buying my labels from eBay on May 17. I can ask them not to. Should I?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@roberdeaquin-0 

Do you want the buyer to pay the discounted "online" shipping label costs? (same cost as you)

If you are OK with that, then do nothing.

If not ..............  then "opt out". 

Many use the difference in the "retail" and "online" label costs to cover  eBay fees charged on the shipping as well as some other shipping expenses such a paper, ink, bubble wrap, boxes..................

Some choose to take the loss...............  by having the buyer pay the same as they pay.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You can opt out of that in your shipping preferences.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It's not just making the discounted price visible - it's charging buyers that lower price. If you go along with eBay's change @roberdeaquin-0 you will have no cushion to cover the fees eBay charges on shipping. The decision is yours. More info in the discussion linked in my signature below.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

If not replying to the "opt out" spot that is in the message sent it may be necessary to do it again after the change is implemented by eBay in May.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

To clarify @ebooksdiva , as @buyselljack2016 mentioned, it's a different opt out link for the month before this goes into effect.

-----

Not all sellers are being opted in. If you receive the email there will be a link in the email, but to make it even easier:

1. If you are opting out before the May 13 deadline you can do so using the link on the Seller Center page:

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/calculated-shipping-rates

Specifically: https://www.ebay.com/srv/survey/a/shipping.discount.optout

2. If you miss the May 13 deadline, then you will have to opt out after this goes into effect May 15 on your Shipping Preferences page: https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@roberdeaquin-0 wrote:

Ebay is going to make visible to the customer the discounted price I pay for shipping by buying my labels from eBay on May 17. I can ask them not to. Should I?

Your listings with calculated shipping currently show the retail rate. Is there any reason why you'd want to change to show the eBay rate? If so, why haven't you done it already, in your site preferences?  If you want to maintain your current policy of showing the retail rates, then just opt out of the upcoming change.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

This isn't where you opt out? I didn't receive any message about it one way or the other. I've never felt the need to use calculated shipping. 
IMG_1610.jpeg

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

No. That's where you opt out after the change is implemented May 15. If you want to opt out before the May 13 deadline so your retail rates are never switched over, you have to use the survey link I posted.

Adjusting the setting on the shipping preferences page today will change your listings today and that setting will stay in place until eBay forces carrier discounts May 15. You can't opt out in advance through the shipping preferences page.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

This isn't where you opt out? I didn't receive any message about it one way or the other. I've never felt the need to use calculated shipping. 

As noted in the other post, the new policy will override that site preferences page that is shown in your image. 

The message said that only sellers who got the message would be affected.  The message included a link to a specific page for opting out of the new policy. 

https://www.ebay.com/srv/survey/a/shipping.discount.optout?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&emsid=e99011.m2.l1&mkcid=...

And if you don't use calculated shipping, then it doesn't matter which option for the price shown for calculated shipping is in place.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply