cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion about shipping & fees, please.

Howdy.  I'm cowgalpal, a seller of many years, and would like a discussion place to talk about the new %fee for shipping, the odd skews of the Top Seller discount to exactly match what the site's price stated, and the missed opportunity for Sellers to refund Buyers any overage.  

I don't want to rant - I just want to start a discussion about this 'ship gouging' policy that seems to use the same tactic by charging everyone for a few's mis-takes.

Thanks.  Hope to begin a good thing.  If individuals can be calculated by feedback stars, surely there can be a way to discern the 'gougers' too, and not punish everyone.  

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Discussion about shipping & fees, please.

You can go to the "Shipping and payments" tab of your own listing and change the ZIP Code to any other ZIP Code, to see that price.

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

I just got off the phone with Bangladesh.  I really am concerned about eBays fees for shipping.  eBay may have their reasons but, I think charging a 10% fee for shipping is just flat wrong.  I don't set FedEx's charges.  I don't set USPS's charges.  Nor do I set UPS's charges.  It make no sense to charge a seller a 10% on top of what the mail carrier is charging. This make no sense and I would ask eBay to rethink this fee and do away with it.

Message 62 of 64
latest reply

@tejanoroseventures wrote:
 ....  It make no sense to charge a seller a 10% on top of what the mail carrier is charging. This make no sense and I would ask eBay to rethink this fee and do away with it.

eBay has had this fee structure for 6 years.  It seems to be working just fine for them, so they are unlikely to reconsider it any time soon.

eBay's fee structure (i.e., charging a percentage of the buyer's entire payment including shipping and handling) is the same as PayPal's.  Does it also bother you that PayPal charges a fee that includes the byer's payment for S&H?

Message 63 of 64
latest reply

@tejanoroseventures wrote:

I just got off the phone with Bangladesh.  I really am concerned about eBays fees for shipping.  eBay may have their reasons but, I think charging a 10% fee for shipping is just flat wrong.  I don't set FedEx's charges.  I don't set USPS's charges.  Nor do I set UPS's charges.  It make no sense to charge a seller a 10% on top of what the mail carrier is charging. This make no sense and I would ask eBay to rethink this fee and do away with it.

If you're going to dredge up a year-old thread, you could at least read it so you'd understand WHY eBay started charging the fee.

If they didn't charge the shipping FVF, they'd just raise the item price FVF %. eBay isn't going to agree to make less money just to make you happy.

Message 64 of 64
latest reply