cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did USPS First Class Inrease?

Hi, I just posted a listing and input the shipping information, i.e. as a 14 oz package, which is just under the 15.9 oz cap for first class. Normally, it's about $5-6, and I use calculated shipping. Now today, the USPS first class posted as $9.00! So, I haven't yet found any current info as to an increase, so can this be a mistake. If I offer USPS Priority, it also gives price as $9.00. Somethings' not right...........pep119

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Shipping went up on Oct 2, 2023 for the holiday season. This increase will last until Jan . 22.2023.  Then on Jan. 23, there will be another price increase in many categories including stamps, po boxes , etc.  It is getting quite high.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It is correct, the prices recently increased early for the holidays. Expect them to continue this trend of increasing too. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Your $9.00 First Class sounds a bit high... I just double checked a 15 oz. package from me (in Tennessee) to California, and got a FC price of $6.68. For what that's worth...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Rates did just increase, but if you have your preferences set for retail rates and enter 14oz when you list, the calculator will figure at priority rates.  You need to enter as 13 oz and it will calculate it correctly for the highest level of 1st class up to 15.9.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I just went to print a 14 oz. First Class package and it gave me $6.68. Priority was $10.17. I think you need to check your settings or something as $9 is not correct.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The shipping calculator in eBay listings defaults to show retail prices.  The retail limit for First Class packages is 13 ounces, so if you enter a greater weight, eBay will do the same as the clerk at the PO counter: Upgrade to Priority.  As noted in the other post, the simple solution is to enter a weight of 13 ounces even if your package is 15.9 ounces.

Or you can go to your site preferences and change the shipping calculator to charge buyers the online rate.

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Your right , something is not right. I am getting ready to print a label and like you said it is around 5 or 6 bucks. At first the 9 dollars show up, I went back to do something, then the proper amount showed up.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply