cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed shipping in transit

Anyone notice delayed shipping everywhere? I have quite a few packages that have not reached their destinations, and customers concerned.  Ship dates are 13th,16th & 17, they show no updates since the 20th.  Some show leaving the sort facility and in transit, then 3 or 4 days later it shows back at the original sort facility.  It's happening all over, GA, TX, CA, MI, NY. The local post office doesn't know anything.  Want to see if this is happening to others before I spend an hour on the phone with the Post Office.   

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Delayed shipping in transit

Possible weather delays. There was a winter storm in TX, GA and other parts of the southeast and northeast on those dates. Here in GA roads were iced over on the 17th and 18th and there were no mail deliveries on those days.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Possible weather delays. There was a winter storm in TX, GA and other parts of the southeast and northeast on those dates. Here in GA roads were iced over on the 17th and 18th and there were no mail deliveries on those days.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you, haven't been paying that much attention to the weather.  Didn't think is was bad enough to cause delays.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I am having the same trouble with a package going to VA.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I actually had a similar issue.  I dropped 7 packages at the post office on January 17th and even got a receipt.  For some reason, even though I have a receipt, they were not even showing up as accepted in the system.  I ended up opening a case with the postal service for all 7 packages.  I live in Michigan and yesterday they all posted as accepted on January 25th in our main hub.

Besides the weather, eBay needs to take into account that the FLU is running rapid right now.  Our local postal service was down 30 percent of the staff this week for the Flu.  I only know this because my regular postal driver is in the hospital.  They said that there is a room full of packages that they just don't have the staff to go through and sort on time.  Therefore, I am going to have 7 late shipments because of eBays policy.

Selling Only 100% Authentic Designer Clothing, Shoes and Purses
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

yes, i am experiencing shipping delays, I have 2 tracking numbers to check on tomorrow when I visit the PO

One is 10 days still in Transit, first class (I refunded her) hasn't left Detroit hub

Second is a large flat rate Priority Mail box posted on the 8th Feb. Curiosly though the large flat rate box which is still stuck in Detroit hub was one of 2 parcels going to the same address in WY, the smaller padded flat rate envelope got there today.

hard to run an online business when there are problems with the USPS

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

wrote:

yes, i am experiencing shipping delays, I have 2 tracking numbers to check on tomorrow when I visit the PO

One is 10 days still in Transit, first class (I refunded her) hasn't left Detroit hub

Second is a large flat rate Priority Mail box posted on the 8th Feb. Curiosly though the large flat rate box which is still stuck in Detroit hub was one of 2 parcels going to the same address in WY, the smaller padded flat rate envelope got there today.

hard to run an online business when there are problems with the USPS

They better get their act together. I shipped a package out of Ft.Lauderdale on 1/23 going to Hawaii.

It showed up in San Francisco, Ca on 2/5, shows in transit to HI.  The last update was on the 2/8. Getting hard to keep stalling people. I've had to refund a few people, and have returns because they didn't get the item in time for vacation.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I have an outgoing package stuck in transit and also have an incoming package stuck in transit. I wish I could be like USPS and get paid for a service then lose the item and say oh well.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply