cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear EBay, your new free return policy just backfired

I can't afford to provide free returns. Won't get the TRS Plus discount anymore. So, I just changed all my listings from 30 day return to 14 day. Thinking of going to no returns. Won't affect anything on my end, but buyers will have fewer options.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Many of your listings don't qualify for 14 day returns. Also, buyers can still return things even if you have a no return policy all they have to do is file fake snad
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I realize buyers can file a fake snad, but free returns invite cases of buyer's remose.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Go 30 or none. No reason to go 14.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

? What catagory are you listing in where eBay is still allowing 14 day retruns?
That option has disapeared completely for all of my new listings. 
I keep getting notices from eBay that "You must select a veturn period which is supported" 
It is comming up in the Overview under Tasks - I had 6 in there last night, there are 10 there now.   I haven't had time to figure out if these listing have been ended, or if they are effected in some other way.  It may be since they are all "Good til Cancled" that it is just a "reminder" when the monthy GTC cycle renews.   Gee and I though opening my own business would give me time of my own... any else have some little thing to take a bite out of my "free time"
LOL
NC

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

You're right. Looks like eBay has phased out 14 day returns. So, mine will soon be no returns. 

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

No returns does not mean no returns Ebay has a policy that if a buyer wants to return an item he can the only thing is the buyer pays for shipping.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

No return policies guarantee snad returns

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Free life time returns.  That's where this whole thing is headed. 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@wfhound wrote:

You're right. Looks like eBay has phased out 14 day returns. So, mine will soon be no returns. 

There are some categories (collectibles among them) that still allow for 14 day returns.   I had 30 day returns, but am currently rolling that back now wherever I can.  I also changed my 1 day handling to 2 days. 

I can't believe that many sellers opting for the free returns won't eventually need to raise their prices.   I'm hoping to take advantage of that.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

And it all means nothing becuase in the end the buyer can claim whatever and send it back regardless of your policy, and return a like item in destroyed condition and ebay stands behind them.  I recently had a guy send me back the same "title" of books sold but in condition worthy of the gargbage.  He knew what he was doing, he was a book guy and I knew too, so I double boxed them and double bubble wrapped them.    There is no way possible it happened in transtit or shipping, beucase of the rairity of the books and his suspicous questions, I double bubble wrapped them and also Double boxed them!  Boxes were undamaged, the book hard covers had been literally torn in half and folded in multiple ways.  Ebay sided with the buyer!  I appealed, ebay sided with the buyer.  This wasnt' shipping damage, this was destruction.  And they sided with the buyer. I'm out hundreds, this guy swapped out his damaged books for my collecter books.   Zero Seller protection, zeor seller support.  Without good sellers, ebay has nothing.  As that is why now it is a penny store.     I'm so frustrated.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

If the buyer really wants to burn the seller PayPal Return policy is 90 Days.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Knock on wood In the last year I have had 6 returns and i sell used sports shirts and jersey's.  4 were did not fit 2 were not as described.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Unless your product is unique, I'm not seeing how a seller is hurting anybody except himself by going to shorter returns or no returns?  eBay probably has plenty of sellers to move ahead of you in the search results.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@wfhound wrote:

I can still select 14 days...

Capture.PNG

Message 15 of 25
latest reply