cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about payment received

I sold a coat for $139 with buyer paying shipping costs. Which ended up being $16. So the buyers total was $175 in all. So why did I only get $138 in my account. I ended up losing in the end printing the shipping label ($138 minus the $16) which I did so from the sold notificatio. Did I do something wrong? I do under ebay takes a percentage but something doesn't seem to add up. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Confused about payment received

I think the fees are 12.55%

$139 + $16 = $155 less 12.55% ($19.45) equals $135.55. 

Not sure how you would get $138. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ebay FVF, 12.55%, is charged on the total the buyer pays, i.e. $175 in this case.  So FVF = $21.96.  By my calculations, you should have received $117.04.   $175 - 20 sales tax -21.96 FVF -16 shipping = $117.04.

You didn't mention what the buyer was charged for shipping nor did you mention what you actually paid for shipping.   They would affect the above number.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you. Yeah the buyer paid shipping but I paid through my paypal for label. I was under the impression I'd have received the amount for shipping along with the price charged. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@michs_9388 wrote:

Thank you. Yeah the buyer paid shipping but I paid through my paypal for label. I was under the impression I'd have received the amount for shipping along with the price charged. 

You receive (item price + shipping) - (eBay fees).

How did you determine that the buyer's total payment was $175? Was this an international sale? Item price plus shipping is only $155. Did the buyer pay sales tax? If so, how much?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply