cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined Shipping

I purchase two items and the seller offers combined shipping.  I add notes to the seller requesting that she please combine shipping if shipping costs can be saved.  I thank the seller.  Seller charges full shipping price for both items.  I have sent the seller a note asking her policy re. combined shipping, whether the two items I purchased don't apply, etc.  She has not responded.

The $ difference isn't much but the packing materials were free (free USPS envelope in a free USPS box) and I can't imagine 'handling' the two items would have made any difference to her.  (Two rolled up pieces of fabric stuffed in a box.)  

Aren't sellers required to follow their own TOS?  She clearly states she combines shipping costs, even giving an example of $ savings.     

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Combined Shipping

Without knowing the specifics (location , weight etc)  there is no way of know whether combined shipping was feasible to begin with.   Either way, if you paid for the items either separately or together w/o having an agreed upon amount from the seller, then the seller is under no obligation to combine shipping costs or explain why they aren't doing so. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

"...there is no way of know whether combined shipping was feasible to begin with."

If the listing(s) state that combined shipping is offered, it's assumed by the buyer that it is feasible and if there are exceptions, they are to be stated.  In my case, no such exceptions were stated.

"... then the seller is under no obligation to combine shipping costs or explain why they aren't doing so."

The seller is under obligation to honor their listings' terms and conditions.  No, they aren't obligated to explain anything, that much is true.  Then again, eBay's stock price and recent layoffs suggest that perhaps they should be. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

ebay stock price etc has no bearing on seller's obligations and vice versa

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

Let me put it another way:

As a seller I offer combined shipping.  

However, some items are more expensive to ship together (combined) then to ship seperately.    I do not, an will never, explain every exception to this rule because I have hundreds of items for sale and cannot possible decide which items can be combined and which cannot. 

Add the items to the shopping cart.  If you don't like the total then don't purchase or contact your seller in advance. Don't buy and then complain. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

you don't say if you paid already...

if you did, you're outta luck...

if you didn't, message the seller again... maybe the first message didn't get thru...

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

You are supposed to request combined shipping before you pay. Since you paid and included notes to the seller, that wasn’t the way to go about it. 

When you pay and then expect a discount/partial refund, it’s important to understand that the seller was already charged fees on the total

amount of your paymebt(s) and those fees won’t be reduced if he refunds you. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Combined Shipping

Absolutely agree, If i had $1 for every time i get asked on multiple items put in 1 package and i'll pay one shipping i wouldn't even be here, do postage price research, weight, distance, size, rubbish ratings on shipping continually because most have no idea of cost and how it's calculated, International shipments even worse, for example, a 2lb package to Europe ( 1 jean ) with USPS 1st class is $23.50, So you would assume two 2lb items in 1 package a total of 4lbs would be cheaper, oh no, not even close, not even the same 2 x $23.50, actual cost in the same package $51.50, so that 1 jean at $23.50 has now increased to $25.75, so basically there is no such thing as combined shipping internationally with 1st class, personally many of my postage is more than the item itself, this is the actual cost, i am not overcharging, if anything i have to add to the postage, but guess what, shipping cost is almost my lowest rating next to communication which is also rubbish, what that exactly means is you asked for a shipping discount and was informed it is already discounted, so they didn't like the communication so that is also marked low, i now put the ball in their court if they think my shipping is excessive, find me a better price with the same service with your choice of postage provider and i will honor it, only then do they realize the deal they are actually already getting, Rant Over.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply