cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close to 90% of my transactions are fraudulent

Hey all:

I've got a real problem!  Close to 90% of my transactions are fraudulent!

I've spent HOURS on the phone with Ebay & PayPal and there is nothing that they seem capable of doing.

It is so simple though....The scammers are all new accounts, usually those "guest" accounts.  They are all requesting shipment to the SAME delivery address, 460 Copper Drive.

I've called the local police.  They are well aware of the problem, but there is nothing they will do.

If you get on the interweb and enter that address, page after page of complaints will come back, showing it as a forwarding address for scammers.

I've had over a dozen transactions in the past 48 hours that are frauds going to this address.  All Ebay & PayPal needs to do is shut down activity at this address.  

NO MORE SHIPMENTS TO 460 Copper Drive!

Ebay & PayPal need to get on the ball before this spirals out of control!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

How can that happen when you have "Immediate payment required"?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Have you actually been scammed, or are you assuming the transactions will be fraudulent based only on the reviews you have read?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

...If you get on the interweb and enter that address, page after page of complaints will come back, showing it as a forwarding address for scammers....

If you're making sales, I wouldn't complain. Freight forwarders VOID the eBay MBG (i.e. no INR OR SNAD!!). It's the next best sale to cash in hand!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@phcd1 wrote:

...If you get on the interweb and enter that address, page after page of complaints will come back, showing it as a forwarding address for scammers....

If you're making sales, I wouldn't complain. Freight forwarders VOID the eBay MBG (i.e. no INR OR SNAD!!). It's the next best sale to cash in hand!

^^THIS^^

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@detroittech313 wrote:

It is so simple though....The scammers are all new accounts, usually those "guest" accounts.  They are all requesting shipment to the SAME delivery address, 460 Copper Drive.

So what's the problem? As long as you ship to the Paypal address you are covered.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@phcd1 wrote:

No, freight forwarders do not void the MBG.  Seller still has to prove delivery to the address on the payment.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

All the seller has to do is ship it to the freight forwarder. Once it reaches there, it's up to them to get it to buyer.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

It's not the freight forwarder that is the problem, it's the scammers using them.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

As long as You ship the item to a freight forwarder AND have Delivery confirmation and after You prove that it was delivered, then the Buyer can't file an Item not recieved OR a Item not as described. If it has not been working that way for You then You need to tell Us the details so we can help show You how to file a case on it. Smiley Wink pam

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Ya, I've shipped to a few freight forwarders and never had a problem with an order.

I would rather ship to them.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Google the address and read everything.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

HI, have you tried calling the the fraud hotline, and filing a complaint with the post office. As it is a felony to use the US postal system to commit fraud. Talk to your local post master. If you have the time and inclination contact the post master in the address location you mentioned in your post. You may also want to consider blocking new accounts that have less than a certain amount of feedback ( you do this in your site preferences). Hope things go better for you and Ebay is typically a great site that does investigate these issues but it does take time. Sincerely, CottageintheCove
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@cottageinthecove wrote:
HI, have you tried calling the the fraud hotline, and filing a complaint with the post office. As it is a felony to use the US postal system to commit fraud. Talk to your local post master. If you have the time and inclination contact the post master in the address location you mentioned in your post. You may also want to consider blocking new accounts that have less than a certain amount of feedback ( you do this in your site preferences). Hope things go better for you and Ebay is typically a great site that does investigate these issues but it does take time. Sincerely, CottageintheCove

You can only block buyers with LESS than 0 feedback (-1). Since negative feedback no longer exists for buyers, the block is useless.

You cannot block 0 feedback buyers.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Hey all:

Thank you for all the replies.  I have a bit more information to update this and some clarifications to make:

A). Yes, the shipments are all to confirmated addresses.  HOWEVER, I do not want to see illegal activity rewarded.  I am aware that I am covered IF I ship to a verified/confirmed address.

B). HOWEVER, it is my understanding that if you have too many fraudulent transactions/payments...PayPal can shut down your account.  If I had shipped everything to this address, it would be well over $1,000 worth of product.  I do not want to lose my business because PayPal decides to cut me off, that I am too much of a liability.

C). In addition to having a common delivery address, the vast majority of these transactions have a buyer's email account hosted at Yahoo!  If I recall correctly all Yahoo! accounts have been breached by hackers?

D). The treight forwarder may, or may not be involved actively with the fraud.  HOWEVER, I now have 20 different items attempted to have been shipped to this place.  The interwebs are abuzz with postings about this delivery address being a front for fraud.  So obviously there are many, Many, MANY other sellers that have this problem.  The police are well aware of it.  So I would guess that maybe THOUSANDS of people have had problems with this place.  At some point, they have a responsibility to know who they are dealing with.  The person running this business can't turn a blind eye to the amount of fraud going on.

E). Selling on Ebay is a significant part of my business and income.  I need it to operate reasonably smoothly...

Message 15 of 19
latest reply