cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Select Media Mail Option on Shipping Screen

So it's happened to me three times lately as is SO frustrating.

On three different occasions I couldn't select media mail as the shipping method. On all three of these auctions I specified media mail to ship the books when I created the auction but when the auction closed, I went to the shipping page but the media mail option was just grayed out and I could not select it. It even showed that this was the shipping option selected by the buyer. I have attached a screenshot to show this. I tried everything to select it but nothing worked so I had to use a more expensive shipping method like USPS First Class Mail. I called eBay and they couldn't figure it out but are going to look into it.  I would appreciate if this has happened to anyone else and what is the fix.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

When you can't ship media mail, even when it qualifies, you have to use a third party postage provider. I use Pirate Ship, but other providers where you can import your eBay sale data are very useful (and they are sent the tracking number automatically too.) It is a good idea to have a third party postage provider set up, not just for this, but in case eBay's shipping goes down for a while.

The whole "can't ship media mail in certain categories even if it qualifies" changed happened a few years ago. I always wondered, did the USPS somehow threaten or force eBay to do this? It was a strange decision on eBay's part.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

It is not even listing it as an option when I am listing

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

It would seem that the ebay person contacted would have noticed this.  Maybe you should be on the payroll at ebay!

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Right? LOL

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Can't buy media mail labels at usps.com

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

15 months later and still not fixed.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I have made sure to list as a book/magazine, and media mail is still not an option for me.  Any suggestions?

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Even under "Books/magazines," some items, such as magazines, are not eligible for MM.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I have had that happen too, so what I did was open an account on pirate ship, it's free....and print my label for media mail and copy and paste the tracking number under add tracking on the eBay item you sold.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 25 of 25
latest reply