cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can eBay make the item number on the shipping label smaller please? I can still barely see it.

overstockllc
Adventurer

I match the shipping label with the item number ID I tape on the item so naturally I should need a manifiying glass to see that 8 Font ID number printed diagonally from the addresses. My question is can that make it 4 FONT or even 2 FONT so I can use my son's microscope finally?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Can eBay make the item number on the shipping label smaller please? I can still barely see it.

If you can't read it now, why would you want it smaller?

Just save it as a PDF and print it out however big you like.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I think the OP was being tongue in cheek.

I didn't know the item number was on the labels at all, but I don't have a ton of very similar items.

Just a question for the OP (original poster). Do you change the item number on your inventory every time you relist an item? 

It just seems to me to be a too much work system but not knowing how you store your inventory I don't have any intelligent suggestions.

That said, yes some of what prints out here and other sites is teeney tiny. I can sympathize if you are trying to read those numbers when pulling inventory to ship.

Radine

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

There is no option to vary the size of the eBay item number printed on the labels (the only option at all is to print it or not print it.

I can't even think of any way to kludge anything up via css and/or js in the browser to add an increased size copy of it outside the label borders when printed, much less modify the tiny version printed on the label (additionally, the version on the label probably couldn't just be increased in size due to USPS Label layout specifications)

Assuming the label were downloaded/printed as a PDF (all my labels eBay, PayPal, Amazon, USPS, FedEx are), and then printed, it MIGHT be possible to extract the item number from the PDF and re-insert it in a more visible form (once again outside the label outside border to comply with USPS label layout requirements), but would require some thought and knowledge of exactly how the labels are being printed and with what hardware (thermal printer, laser printer, plain paper, half sheet self stick labels, etc) in order to know where to insert the bigger item number.

That would likely require a half dozen small utilities, probably Irfanview image viewer, PDF Toolkit command line suite, and a hairy Windows batch file to control it all - but probably doable.

So... short answer is: There is no easy button way to do what you want.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply