cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Shipping Listings keep having their dimensions erased, sys creates a local pickup policy!

For some time now, not pointing any fingers, but I'd say around the time eBay banners starting showing up about the new FedEx flat rate labels we have been experiencing a very frustrating issue or "glitch" that is being caused by something on eBay's side.

So far, they have not accepted any responsibility for this issue.  However, every night all of our scheduled and active listings that have a calculated policy are being re-assigned to a "new" copy of a local pickup policy.  It is as if they have a process that runs and somehow loses the weights and dimensions (as they are blank the next day) and now they have a new local pickup policy (ie Local Pickup (242865641017)).  

This has been adversely affecting our sales and purchases.  We get several messages a day now asking if we ship, or why don't we ship.  We have gone back after the fact and fixed these listings, changing the policy back to calculated and adding dimensions and weight again, only to have them reset again the following morning.

Only buy it now items seem to be unaffected by this glitch. 

Has anyone else experienced this, or had any luck getting help from eBay support?  So far we have been hitting dead ends and have no resolution from eBay in sight.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Calculated Shipping Listings keep having their dimensions erased, sys creates a local pickup policy!

This sounds like something @wastingtime101 might be able to help with. I consider them a shipping policy pro!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks @ltldpr .

Hi @salvationarmyorlandoarc . Are you using a 3rd party listing tool or do you create and manage all of your listings directly on eBay?

Are you willing to go through a bunch of troubleshooting to see if we can figure out a way past this issue? Some sellers are not interested in trying anything, they just want eBay to fix it. Before I spend time making suggestions of things to troubleshoot just want to see where you're at with this.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi, I do think we have sourced the issue.  At first we did contact the 3rd party software vendor we used, and they assured us that their software was up to date with the latest eBay api, etc. and that there was no way it could have caused it.

Eventually, we did have a batch where all but one of our scheduled listings was modified aka changed to this newly created local pickup policy.  When we looked deeper into the diffferences we did find that there was some HTML embedded on all of the listings that had been changed, but not the one that remained untouched.

At that point, we did revoke the access for that vendor from our account.  Since doing so, we have not experienced this issue again.  Right now, we are now working with them in order to find out what may have changed on their end, as we have used their service for nearly a year before this issue started.

At this time, it appear to be related to the 3rd party vendor, rather than an eBay thing.  We are one account under the "southeast region" and the 3rd party tools are managed by HQ, so I didn't even think to investigate that inititally.  I thought that software only pulled data to aggregate it for reports, but it was doing more 🙂

Thank you @wastingtime101  for the suggestion.  This was my first post here in the community, so didn't see your response.  Was actually coming here to update this post.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for posting the update @salvationarmyorlandoarc - always helps to know what the cause was. I was pretty confident a 3rd party tool was involved here. Hope you can work it out with them.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply