cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers address in the USA but i get a declaration form ?

Buyer address seems to be some kind of PO box

(PSC # Box #)

(APO, AE 0972)

(United States)

When i generate the label, it printed me a customs form.

If both buyer and seller are in the united states, why the form ?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

APO stands for Army Post Office and AE stands for Armed Forces Europe. Your buyer is on a US military base in Europe and the DoD requires a customs form for any package over one pound.  I hope this helps!

-C

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

PSC means Permanent Change of Station and could be in the US or anywhere in the world.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

As stated above it is a military address. 

Just also know that sometimes these packages can fall into what seems like a black hole before they are delivered on the tracking. This is because sometimes a package ends up having taken an unusual route or it may end up on a chopper somewhere.  

Military people know this but thought I would point it out, so you do not freakout when the tracking goes dark for a while. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@blingfling123 wrote:

As stated above it is a military address. 

Just also know that sometimes these packages can fall into what seems like a black hole before they are delivered on the tracking. This is because sometimes a package ends up having taken an unusual route or it may end up on a chopper somewhere.  

Military people know this but thought I would point it out, so you do not freakout when the tracking goes dark for a while. 

When my son was deployed to the Persian Gulf, their mail was dropped to the ship by helicopter.  They did not receive mail when they were docked due to security reasons, only when they were out at sea.  The ship has it's own mail room, the mail is sorted and distributed to each sailor.   I cannot remember anything about the tracking because to be honest I never looked. I do know it usually took around 15-20 days for him to receive his packages.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 5
latest reply