cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants to delay shipping.

I have a buyer that has already paid for an item, but because they will be out of town for a few days this weekend, wants me to hold off on shipping until the end of the week to assure the package arrives while they are home. How will this affect my Top Rated Seller status if I don't ship within 24 hours from receipt of payment?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Buyer wants to delay shipping.

I had a similar request once and I call CS to explain. Since they can read the messages, the rep checked and could verify the request for delay came from the buyer. They told me to call back if I was dinged for late shipment as they couldn't do anything in advance. I asked the rep to leave a note and he said he would.
Sure enough I was dinged for late shipping so I called once again. The new rep could not find a note at first but he also read the messages per my request. He agreed and had the mark taken off. Before the call was completed he found the note from the first rep, so it had been noted that I had called already.
It took several phone calls but I made my customer happy, got positive feedback, and had my record fixed= all worth it in the end....
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Buyer wants to delay shipping.

I have buyers that ask this every now & then
Do you upload tracking ontime for all your orders?
If so then I wouldn't upset my buyer because of ebays rules

We have 2 metrics Tracking upload & Late shipping rate
As long as the request is in  messages you can hold the package, ebay will remove late shipping rate but can't remove the Tracking upload miss you will get
I upload 100%  of the time so when my buyer asks I do it for them I don't care if I drop from 100% it rolls off in 3 months anyway
To remain TRS they give you the 5%  leeway to work with you have to be at 95%.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply