cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer's item came back ( return to sender unable to forwrd) after 34 days he wants a refund

I sold an item with a free shipping. It came back -( return to sender-unable to forward) The address was to a shipping overseas company he had on his Ebay  account. I received my payout from Ebay.   34 days later the seller contacted me about any update on his shipment.

Can I still refund a partial payment after 34 days? 

Can I deduct my shipping fee since there was no sale.

After this partial refund will I receive a credit for a fee 12% + $ 0,30) from Ebay?

If he wants to buy it again with a correct address can I just re-list it on Ebay again?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buyer's item came back ( return to sender unable to forwrd) after 34 days he wants a refund

First - because of his use of a freight forwarder - he forfeited his buyer protection. Second, because it was returned to sender, it also mostly cost him his buyer protection - if you purchased postage without altering the address provided by ebay. When you receive this item back, depending upon your morals, you can then refund the buyer any amount you wish up to the full payment he made. But, you could deduct a processing fee if you wish that covers the amount of the transaction fee ebay collected (a full refund would entitle you to a refund of the fees from ebay - I believe you need to request a credit back for them directly with customer service etc.).

If they want to repurchase from you, balance your response accordingly. But, definately relist on ebay for them to repurchase if yes. Explain to them that they have to process the address in their ebay account first because, you are not permitted to manually alter that address once they accept the purchase process. It endangers seller protections doing so.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

The buyer claims that all ordered items from Ebay are  always properly delivered to the address he has on his Ebay account. (Until now)  Should I just remove the USPS label - (return to sender) and drop it at the post office? Do they know it had been shipped already  and wouldn't  validate the same shipping label?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@alenazg wrote:

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

The buyer claims that all ordered items from Ebay are  always properly delivered to the address he has on his Ebay account. (Until now)  Should I just remove the USPS label - (return to sender) and drop it at the post office? Do they know it had been shipped already  and wouldn't  validate the same shipping label?

😯NO you can't do that.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply