cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer request me to Ship in a week

An interested buyer requested that I hold an item at least one week before shipping to them as it's a gift. They paid promptly and now what do I do so as not to "ship late" per ebay 24 shipping policy I have? Thanks for ideas to make this work smoothly. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer request me to Ship in a week

I have a great customer in California do the same thing.  She bought & paid for a gift for  her daughter's birthday , with delivery in mid August. I went ahead and printed label, wrapped package and just waiting to ship.  Ebay told me that the feedback from the buyer will erases any shipping delays posted to seller hubs stats.    Good Luck

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

My inclination is to say they're trying to scam you. If it doe snot ship in time and arrive by their estimated delivery date, they can claim INR & get a refund even if it's in transit. Either ship now or cancel the order.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If it's paid, you should ship.  As for a "gift", do not lie on customs forms. That is a crime and your package can be seized.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I have a great customer in California do the same thing.  She bought & paid for a gift for  her daughter's birthday , with delivery in mid August. I went ahead and printed label, wrapped package and just waiting to ship.  Ebay told me that the feedback from the buyer will erases any shipping delays posted to seller hubs stats.    Good Luck

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Your solution is exactly what I awoke and had in mind. Buy the label on time...pack and hold for them. Exactly as for you, it's a birthday gift and also my items are "one of a kind" and they didn't want to pass up the purchase knowing it would be sold. I never think the negative "scam" type of thoughts when messaging with shoppers. I guess I have been very fortunate in that way...none in 18 years. thanks! I agree. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@fldinomite wrote:

An interested buyer requested that I hold an item at least one week before shipping to them as it's a gift. They paid promptly and now what do I do so as not to "ship late" per ebay 24 shipping policy I have? Thanks for ideas to make this work smoothly. 

Your post makes it sound like you are mailing to the gift giver, not the gift recipient.

If the former, what difference does it matter when the gift giver receives it? Sounds fishy to me and an INR waiting to happen.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 6 of 6
latest reply