cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer purchased wrong item by himself, request refund, I rejected, left me NEGATIVE.

Hey all seller, eBay let it happen again.

And as a seller, I can't leave negative to buyer.

Wonderful feeling. Happiest day in my life/ 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Buyer purchased wrong item by himself, request refund, I rejected, left me NEGATIVE.

I think the negatives on your score pretty much say it all, you might try to smooth over things when bad things happen to your customers, instead of being so rigid. Other wise, I see nothing wrong with listing items with a no return or no buyers remorse returns, of course if something gets damaged in shipping you should make good. In replies to negs state you dont take returns. I would still buy from you if you had some thing I want, I dont think the bad feedback would slow me down.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Buyer purchased wrong item by himself, request refund, I rejected, left me NEGATIVE.

When a buyer requests a cancellation, I always file the cancellation, regardless of the buyer's reason.

Why refuse a cancellation and force the buyer to pay?  Once received. the buyer can file a return for "item not as described."  Now you are responsible for paying to have the item returned, and who knows what condition it might be since you are located in Hong Kong.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Why start a "mud slinging" FB exchange with a  buyer - that would  show a total lack of professionalism that anyone can see. 

Returns are a part of any business - on line buying or at a brick & mortar store.  Accept them and move on.  Life is still good  afterwards or if you are in Costa Rica - Pura Vida.

CIAO!

Life Is Not Fair.jpeg

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Ha! Got one better than that for ya! So I sold 150.00 item, new item, buyers starts case saying it’s a fake. It is NOT a fake but with ebays policy of the buyer is ALWAYS right and SCREW the seller policy I accepted the return. When I got my item back it is scratched and broken! Not even the same item I sent! I called eBay and was told to do nothing and let the case close on its own then the buyer can request eBay step in! WTH?.. I’m asking eBay to step in on my behalf not give the buyer even a bigger platform to spout lies and scam me any further! So I start reading and in these cases eBay sides with buyer 99.99999 percent of the time and if eBay does a forced refund I get penalized as a seller! No chance of even fighting a scammer. I’m going to start selling my items on marketplace where there’s no fees and all sales final ! I don’t sell junk but I just lost 150.00 plus paid shipped to get a switched item back that doesn’t even work. And this whole feedback system is garbage ! eBay knows negative feedback kills buyers do it’s held over our heads to keep those buyers happy even when we get scammed. I’m very upset about this and not a thing I can do about it. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If you have that many negatives... then there is something wrong with your ads, your merchandise, something. I will generally email with "ask a question" and try to resolve things before opening a case, and way before leaving a negative.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Ebay does NOT stand behind the seller

I have had a few issues for a few years

Does not allow sellers to leave NEGATIVE feedback - so the crooked buyers can still shop

Had the same thing happen to me

It was a Serial numbered baseball card

When I received the return it was a "different" serial number

I had the serial number listed in the auction

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Not so sure why people think it is OK to just bend over when someone asks you to.  What I mean is buyer tells me Yep, I ordered the wrong one not ...take it back and send me another.  Well first, with my free shipping, I will not get that money back, then because they filed a NAD then I have to pay the shipping back, now I have lost my proffit and then I have to take back a used/open product that I can not sell as new.

Depending on item, I will offer that the buyer send the item back at their cost, then I will deduct the cost of shipping it to them and the item MUST be as it was sent to them.  I mean because someone does not read what the description says, does not make me responsible for their mistake.  

Now if buyers want to pay inflated prices where I can pad for shipping and returns then we can talk about different circumstances, but on Ebay the only thing that sells here is price.  PERIOD  

So reading his feedback, yep he is harsh, but looks like he refunded the money to the buyers then why did they feel the need to start off by leaving bad feedback for circumstances the seller had no control over?

Bash the sellers that is what folks like to do here. 

Rich 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The negatives don't kill you my friend. Don't sweat it. Kill them with kindness when you respond to negatives. Makes you look good and the buyer look goofy, especially with the number of sales/transactions you are doing a month, you are bound to have one!

Cheers!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply