cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer is stating my items are defective. It's not likely.

So I bought an item (audio mixer) on an auction, seller claimed in the listing that everything was working properly. As soon as it arrived I discovered problems with it and after approx 1 week of recording videos and taking pictures of the troubled item I requested a return-ebay money back guarantee. When you start a return for a defective item you can only upload photos and this being an item wich was visually OK but not internaly, photos are not going to show anything. Anyway, I took photos and drew some schemes on them suggesting problems. Seller is, of course, refusing this stating that it was not being used properly and the things I am claiming are problematic are infact normal.Finding out that the item was relisted after some other buyer had won the auction of the exactly the same item from same seller was also alarming(thinking he returned it when he discovered the same problems).

My friend happens to have a same audio mixer working perfectly (according to guides and manuals,online demo videos) so it was not hard to film 2 videos: the good one working and than the bad one I got from ebay on the same settings to see that there were problems. As soon as I sent these videos to the seller via gmail (remember!you can only upload photos when starting a ebay return case),the seller got the upper hand and asked ebay to step in as soon as their step in window allowed him. He wrote some comment explaining that it is handled improperly and was referencing to his prestine feedback record.

Now I am worried that e bay will bring a bad desicion based on his comments and my uploaded photos without viewing the videos I took which can really straight forward prove the deffects.

I spent 800Euros on this item and am being played for a fool.

Can anybody give me any advice on what to do? The decision will be brought in 48 h (june 10th)

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Buyer is stating my items are defective. It's not likely.

@7606dennis wrote:

If you are the buyer, you will need to file a not as described (defective item) return request.  Since this involves a GSP program item, I believe that the seller then contacts eBay and advises them that it was sent through GSP and eBay handles the refunding from there.  At least that is how I understand it to work here in the US.  I'm not sure of the UK, but I would think the system similar.

Of course, I'm not sure if the defect could have caused by the GSP program or if you are saying that it is a manufacturing defect.

The Seller is responsible not the GSP. This isn’t a case of shipping damage. The GSP is only responsible for shipping damage.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

I also have some footage of the parcen before I opened it. It had a few holes on it, I guess the box took a beating on it's way towards me, but the item was fully enclosed in bubble wrap and did not suffer any visual damage. Should I maybe send this footage also to the resolve center?

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

The item could be damaged by shipping and/or for an unknown reason. Why don't you work with the seller to make it happy for both. For example, check to find out how much it cost to fix the problem and then asked the seller refund for the repair?
Unless, this is the last option, then return it. Don't created the hatred with someone you have never met.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I already considered the option of repairing it but thing is that to fix these functions that are not working might cost more than the mixer itself and also some of the parts aren't available any more. So A) I can't even figure out the repair cost and B) I am not sure if it would even be possible to fix it

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Keep in mind too that if you decide to get a quote they will have to figure out what is wrong with it~~that means they will open it up to find the problem.  Also, if any of your pics or videos show any inside broken parts or anything besides the outside of the mixer you can't return it.  Once a screw is removed it can't be returned in the same condition and you'll be out of luck.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

I was aware of that. It is the same logic as having any electronic device. Warranty doesn't cover you if you open the insides of the device

Message 21 of 21
latest reply