cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims 4/4 screen protectors I sent are cracked

Hello,

How do you guys suggest I handle this situation:

I sold four tempered glass screen protectors brand new in original packaging. The buyer claims all four of them are cracked and sent me a blurry photo that I can't even what's going on in the photo. 

I told the buyer to open up a return/refund with ebay, and we'd be more than happy to offer a full refund, and apologized for the inconvenience. 

I'm pretty sure the seller is trying to scam me out of four screen protectors, but fighting this seems like a waste of energy and I would rather refund and move on. 

Is this a good way to handle this situation? Suggestions?

regards

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Honestly I would hope if you accept the return you would get 4 perfectly fine screen protectors back. While that would be a terrible buyer that I would block in a heartbeat, at least you would have the product that works and can resell. I would hate for you to get back 4 broken screens as either the buyer was telling the truth or he was not and there is no way to know. I always use priority mail because it has $50 of insurance by default. This way I can file a claim if I need to. (Well, recently I use ShipCover, I think it's even better but that's if I want more than the $50)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It sounds like you didn't pack them well enough. I mean if you just put them in a small bubble mailer and the corner or edge of a box landed on them during sorting they could have easily been broken.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Really there isn't much you can do so it seems you are doing the correct thing by accepting the returns. Your attitude is correct, not worth the fight that they will win in the end. Send them the return label and hopefully you do get them all back, even if broken. Once returned do the refund same day. 

Be grateful these are all in one sale and not four separate transactions. Best of luck to you....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Honestly I would hope if you accept the return you would get 4 perfectly fine screen protectors back. While that would be a terrible buyer that I would block in a heartbeat, at least you would have the product that works and can resell. I would hate for you to get back 4 broken screens as either the buyer was telling the truth or he was not and there is no way to know. I always use priority mail because it has $50 of insurance by default. This way I can file a claim if I need to. (Well, recently I use ShipCover, I think it's even better but that's if I want more than the $50)

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yeah that's where I am at. Just no way to know for sure, too much uncertainty, and I feel like sending them a return shipping label I'm just jumping over dollars for pennies. I feel like they can easily crack the screen protectors and send them back if they aren't actually damaged. Or, they are completely honest and all four screen protectors did get damaged in the mail. No way to know for sure like you said. I should have shared the photo here as it is extremely blurry and only one of the screen protectors was in the photo (so out of focus it looked fine). I was going to ask them to send a more clear photo with all the screen protectors, but I feel like a scammer would instantly give me negative feedback at that point. I guess this is part of the game, right?
Message 5 of 5
latest reply