cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer chose USPS Priority Mail, but that option is grayed out on label screen

I just shipped a nearly identical item two days ago. It was an 8lb box with 13x13x9 dimensions. The only shipping option available in my listing was USPS Priority Mail.

The buyer selected USPS Priority Mail, the shipping screen shows that that was the selected option, yet, the first available choice under service is UPS Ground. The cost diference is negligible, so that is definitely not an issue. However, I do not want to use a service that the buyer is not expecting.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this experience.

Thanks

P.S.: I will use Pirate Ship if this isn't remedied before I have to ship it.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I had this happen last week.  The problem was the buyer's address was incorrect.  Google it and see if it is alright.  I ended up cancelling and the buyer rebought with correction.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

That's strange.

1. Check there isn't an error in the dimensions and weight entered. Ex: USPS limit is 70 lb so if you accidentally entered 80 instead of 8 that could block out USPS options.

2. If you're only seeing UPS you may have to click those buttons above the shipping choices - the ones that let you select which carrier you're viewing. Turn off UPS/FedEx and show USPS exclusively.

3. You can try a different browser, a private browser window or the app just to get around any temporary browser hiccup.

4. If all else fails you know what to do - go to another shipping provider like pirateship.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

1st available choice doesn't matter. Check to see if you have UPS checked (or maybe it was clicked, or you clicked it) at the top instead of USPS, and or, just click 'see more' after the 1st 3 are shown and choose USPS Priority. 

Also be sure the box is NOT checked at top for 'carrier packaging' as it needs to be 'Custom Size'. 

I have nothing ever checked and I can see all carriers all the time, then I just choose what is needed (I do NOT give options to buyers) 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you both for all of your suggestions. I have tried all of those things. I have even changed the dimensions and weight to something small (5 oz, 5x5x5 box) and I still have no USPS options available to me. Every one of them is grayed out and unselectable.

I suppose I will just have to purchase a shipping label elsewhere.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You could also try the bulk label page:

https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/bulk

Clear cache on browser or use a private browsing window to see if that makes a difference for single labels.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I had this happen last week.  The problem was the buyer's address was incorrect.  Google it and see if it is alright.  I ended up cancelling and the buyer rebought with correction.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you all for your suggestions! The street address (number) was non-existent.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply