cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer able to select USPS 1st Class shipping when I did not offer it

I am new-ish to selling again after many years.

I have selected this shipping:

US $7.53 Economy Shipping | See detailsfor shipping
Located in: Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States
I have gotten this message on 2 Items Buyer selected USPS 1st class which I never authorized. If I am paying to ship it will be the most reasonable possible in both time and $.
This is on items with free shipping.
BUT when I go to my seller's page there is this option displayed: 

Recommendation: USPS First Class. Buyer pays $9.00 - $12.60 Apply recommended shipping values

it has an i circle but it does not show any information if I click on it.  I don't know what it is. I would have to click and select to apply which I do not. 

This option must be visible to the buyer because both of my sales had buyer has chosen this method.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If your package weighs no more than one pound, you should ship as a First Class package because it will be faster and cheaper; the eBay label will cost $5.74 - $6.68 depending on where the buyer lives (not $9.00-$12.60) because you are paying the discounted eBay rate. 

The price quotes you gave are confusing because your listing is showing the postage cost for a 2-pound package via Parcel Select Ground, but that price quote of $9.00-$12.60 would be for a 1-pound package (at retail price). Did you change the weight on the listing form?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I "offer no choice" on many listings.

"buyer selected" is often shown on my sales.

It is a "default" display that is often shown. When I "click" on that " buyer selected" it states:

This is the service selected by your buyer or it's closest available equivalent

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I don't give a choice. It always selects BUYER CHOSE the shipping rate when I see get ready to print the label.  Weigh your box and ship it the way that is cheaper, whether it's first class mail or parcel.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You have parcel select as a shipping method.  In some cases ebay doesn’t have the option to print a parcel select label so they default to another method.  As mentioned by another poster, it would likely be less expensive to ship first class if the package is under 1 lb.

if it weighs more than that and eBay does not show the parcel select label option, you can print parcel select label online through Pirateship or another online label site.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I should mention that buyers can only  select the options you offer so that message from eBay is misleading.  You can check the order details yo see what the buyer selected and how much they paid.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Go back into your listings & check you shipping policy. It's possible that you didn't set up the shipping policy correctly on your listings. You as the seller dictate the allowable shipping methods that a buyer can select. 

Good luck!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply