cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report: eBay Accidentally Opted Me into Free International Returns

I would like to report an issue, as I suspect eBay will have it with other sellers. I manage my return, shipping, and payment policies through the Business Policies feature.

The Summer 2018 Seller Update says on https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-summer/simplified-returns.html "If you offer free domestic returns, we will not change your international returns policy to include free returns. You can set a separate returns policy for international returns yourself." It is only if you offer buyer paid returns that eBay will update your international return section to include buyer paid returns. No returns domestically means no returns internationally.

My Business Policy before the distinction in seperate return policy areas allowed for 60 day free returns and I had a note on my items that I did not allow international returns. When eBay allowed a distinct area to set for the international return policy, my policy was opted to accept 60 day international returns. I believe this is a bug, as the eBay notice said eBay would only set to allow international returns on their own if the policy was to allow buyer paid returns. I have already fixed the issue on my account. Please correct this before it becomes a majot headache for other sellers.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Bug Report: eBay Accidentally Opted Me into Free International Returns

We had the same thing happen but I fixed it.  I checked all of my return policies to make sure international was not opted into and we don't even sell internationally.  Gotta love it all I can say is we have to stay vigilant every time they do a change and check it for ourselves.  Glad you caught yours too.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply