cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYER LEAVES NEG FEED BUT REFUSES TO SEND ITEM BACK . AND EBAY SAYS ( THATS OKAY ) REALLY EBAY

Iv'e NEVER been so PIZZED in my life at EBAY!!!
Buyer writes saying,
Item arrived broken. I want a full refund.
I write back saying,
Please send item back regardless of damages and I will gladly REFUND your money.
I state this CLEARLY in every AD" I sale on ebay…….
ALL REFUND & RETURNS MUST BE SENT BACK REGARDLESS OF DAMGES!!! I CLEARLY SAY THIS
When a buyer purchases an Item I only assume they are agreeing with those terms. BUT, lets say they don't!!
Well then they sure have to understand it when I reply back to their message>>>> SEND ITEM BACK AND I WILL GLADLY REFUND YOU...…..
When they write back refusing to send an item back , but still want a FULL REFUND!!! and then go leave a bad feedback stating:
( ITEM ARRIVED BROKEN )
HOW IN THE WORLD CAN EBAY SAY, WELL, THEY CAN IF THEY WANT TO.. THEY DON'T Have to send the item back to you if they choose not to.
And they can go leave you a bad feedback stating it was broken if they wish.
WELL EBAY, Tell me this, If they are claiming the item is broken, but NOT willing to send the item back, then would that not be in question rather the item was even broken or not??? They sure are not out any money sending the item back. Especially if they want refunded... RIGHT EBAY??
And here's the thing ebay, How can you set there and honestly say it's okay that a buyer leaves a NEG FEEDBACK BUT NOT WILLING TO SEND THE ITEM BACK.... If their not willing to send the item back does that not leave in question... WAS THE ITEM EVEN BROKEN?? LET ME NSWER THAT FOR YOU EBAY.. WHY YES!!!!
SO TELL ME EBAY, AGAIN!!! How can a BUYER leave a NEG FEEDBACK stating an item was broken , but not will to send it back to even prove the item was broke.
As A SELLER, I have to only ASSUME.... AS SHOULD YOU EBAY.... THAT THE ITEM MUST NOT!!!!
THATS A ( NOT ) BE BROKEN IF THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO SEND THE ITEM BACK,,, AND OR CANT PROOVE THAT IT WAS EVEN BROKEN...…..
SO THATS CLEARLY GOING AGAINST ALL RULES RIGHT EBAY??? LEAVING A FALSE FEEDBACK.
SO YOU Take that buyers word that the item was broken, leave a bad feed saying it was broken, YET, REFUSES TO SEND THE ITEM BACK....
So that's what I was just clearly told over the phone BY A EBAY REP...
SORRY YOU HAVE BEEN WITH EBAY FOR OVER 20YRS. A PRIORITY SELLER, TRY TO BE AS HONEST AS YOU CAN AND BEEN ONE LOYAL EBAYER FOR ALL THESE YEARS. BUT WE ARE GOING TO TAKE THE WORD OF THIS BUYER OF A MATTER OF MONTHS WITH A WHOPPING ( 6 ) FFEDBACKS WORD OVER YOURS AND LET HER LEAVE YOU THIS NASTY FEEDBACK THAT GOES AGAINST ALL RATINGS AND SHE DONT HAVE TO PROOVE SHIZ TO YOU THAT THE ITEM WAS BROKEN OR NOT..
EAT THE BAD FEEDBACK, SHUT UP AND MOVE ON......
THATS ABOUT WHAT I WAS TOLD...… IM MORE THAN DISGUSTED!!!
AND HERES WHAT MAKES ME EVEN MORE SICK!!!! THESE SCAMMERS SET ON ALL 100% GOOD FEEDBACK CAUSE WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE ANYTHING ANY DIFFERENT.. WE CAN'T EVEN WORN FELLOW SELLERS
( WARNING, WARNING!! BUYER IS A SCAMMER ) WHEN IT IT THE BLEEPING TRUTH!!!
I'M SELLING MAYBE, MAYBE 3ITEMS AND WEEK... NOT WORTH IT MAN, NOT WORTH IT!!
AS FOR BEING A TOP PRIORITY SELLER, EBAY CAN STICK THAT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE... IT DOESNT PAY TO DO RIGHT AND ONLY ASK TO BE TREATED THE SAME.
JUST DOESNT PAY PEOPLE, DOESNT PAY
EBAY YOU FLAT SICKENED ME ON THIS ONE. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!
ONE CAN LEAVE A NEG FEEDBACK STATING AN ITEM WAS BROKEN BUT REFUSES TO SEND THE ITEM BACK SHOWING IT WAS BROKEN.... IF YOU CANNOT PROVE IT WAS BROKEN THEN HOW IN THE WORLD CAN EBAY SAY..... >>>> IT WAS BROKEN <<<<
JUST ANOTHER SCAMMER PIZZED!!!! CAUSE THEY DIDNT GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING …. WAS CALLED OUT ON IT WHEN ASKED TO SEND ITEM BACK AND ONCE AGAIN >>> EBAY LETS THE SCAMMER WIN AS ALWAYS!
THAT NEG FEEDBACK WAS LEFT UNDER FALSE PRETENCE IF THEY CAN'T OR REFUSE TO PROVE IT WAS TRULY ARRIVED BROKEN.
WAKE UP EBAY, WAKE UP.... OH THATS RIGHT, US LITTLE GUYS THAT HELP MAKE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TODAY MEAN NOTHING!!!!! RIGHT EBAY?? FLAT NOTHING!
#SCAMMERSTAKEOVEREBAY

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

BUYER LEAVES NEG FEED BUT REFUSES TO SEND ITEM BACK . AND EBAY SAYS ( THATS OKAY ) REALLY EBAY

Paragraphs

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Everyone that sells gets unfair feedback.     Most buyers do not look,  much less care about feedback.   There is a fabric seller that has the most horrendous feedback and still does well.     Her titles are a bit sketchy,   using abbreviations that are easily missed and cons buyers into purchasing fabric for twice as much as a full price store would charge.  

Ebay is not an arbitrator of facts.     The item could have been broken and the buyer just did not want to bother ship back a broken item.    You do not know that,  neither does Ebay.

You would have been better responding to feedback with a Would have been happy to refund,  but refused to return item.  

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Could not read all those caps.  I know you are upset, but yelling towards the board readers will not help.

Buyer is not pleased. They wanted the item. It arrived broken. They do not want to be annoyed by having to not pack it up for return.

A scammer would have gladly packed some broken item to return for a refund.

Nothing in the feedback left qualifies for removal.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

At least you got to keep your money.  

P.S.  It is a policy violation for a seller to give a buyer a positive feedback with negative comments.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Oh, this is just about the feedback, but no refund required? I've always like reading the cliff notes. Thanks

OP- it's not worth it. Really. Nobody cares. I've seen sellers with a 65% feedback rating still alive and well. 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Personally,  I would rather keep the money and eat the feedback.

You should see the looney tune I had on Amazon.    I cut the two pieces she ordered in one piece and she wanted me to send her another piece just like it,  because she did not get two.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@whatmorefabric wrote:

Personally,  I would rather keep the money and eat the feedback.

You should see the looney tune I had on Amazon.    I cut the two pieces she ordered in one piece and she wanted me to send her another piece just like it,  because she did not get two.

I had one that was angry because she ordered a dozen of an item and only received 12.....told me everyone knows a dozen is 13!! Good Grief....

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Buyer left the Neg Feedback before even contacting me,,,, I told ebay, go read our conversation.

I wrote the lady asking about the broken item.. I 100% offered a refund to her, but I wanted the item back.

Here's why... I'm fed up with Buyers wanting something for nothing!! Anymore I can't tell and honest buyer from a scammer... There for, I put in each AD: ( REFUND & RETURNS ) All REFUNDS must be returned REGARDLESS OF DAMAGES!!! I might get this ohhhhhh, say 3x times a year. ** DEPENDS ** 

But even if I do get a message, ITEM ARRIVED BROKE!! I always, ALWAYS reply back..... Sne ditem back and I will gladly refund you.

You bet that buyer has the right rather they want to send it back or not. SURE DO!!!

But AGAIN... OMG AGAIN!!!! I'm going to say, If that buyer #1 wants a refund bad enough he or she will return that item!! RIGHT??  And May I go on to say, If they are also claiming an item to be broken should they not have to PROOVE that item to be BROKEN?? Come off it.

If they are NOT WILLING to send that item back then whos to say if that item was broken or not?? WHO??
Well, YOU CAN'T! There for...… I will say AGAIN, How can they DARE LEAVE A FEEDBACK CLAIMING AN ITEM WAS BROKEN WHEN THERE IS NO PROOF.... eBay has NO RIGHT to side with them if there is no proof..

you darn right they have the right not to send it back. that's their OPTION... but then don't dare turn around and say that they then have a right to leave a NEG FEEDBACK CLAIMING an item to be broken.....

WHERE'S THE TRUTH IN THAT COMMENT?? WHERE'S EVEN THE PROOF IN THAT COMMENT??

Actions speak louder than words my friend... If your not willing to send me back an item and you choose to keep it then your letting me know clearly your not as unhappy as you state.

I'm telling you, if I spent $35 on a corning ware dish and it truly arrived broken. You can bet your AZZ I'm going to be sending it back.. Who cares about proving anything to them of it being broken... I want my REFUND!!

But when one says, NOT SENDING IT BACK.. As they clearly said. Then I have to QUESTION AS SHOULD EBAY. ummmmm was the item even broken to begin with. RIGHT?? OF COURSE I'M RIGHT...

And if you have to question it even in the least bit Then how can one Post a NEGITIVE FEEDBACK SAYING,

( ITEM ARRIVED BROKEN ) And anyone take that at face value....  WHY YOU CAN'T!!!  #FACT

If it cannot be proven to be ( FACT ) THEN HOW IN THE WORLD CAN EBAY STATE: IT'S THEIR OPINION AND THATS OKAY!!!   AND …… How does one take an OPINION And base that to be on FACTS/ TRUTH!!!

Which is what I thought a feedback was based on.... TRUTH, FACTS!!! NOT OPINIONS..

How can you base an item to arrive broken as an OPINION???? REALLY!!!! 

WHO'S OPINION?? 

Because as of right NOW!! There is no truth to that item arrived broken... NONE! HE SAY, SHE SAY!

ebay can call it their opinion all they want.. It's their opinion it arrived broken.. Come off it. That doesn't even make sense does it??  ( THEIR OPINION WAS IT ARRIVED BROKEN ) 

There for that feedback was left under FALSE PRETENSE..... Which I was under the understanding,

YOU CANNOT DO THAT...

DEFINITION OPINION:

a view or judgement formed about something not necessarily based on FACT OR KNOWLEDGE

An opinion is to say, ITEM ARRIVED A DIFFERENT COLOR THAN I EXPECTED. ITEM ARRIVED A BIT SMALLER THAN SHOWN IN PHOTOS.. THOATS AN OPINION...

NOT, OPINION: ITEM ARRIVED BROKEN... WITH NO FACTS TO BACK IT. AND THEN FOR EBAY TO CALL IT THEIR OPINION.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

ARE YOU SERIOUS... IF YOU CANNOT GIVE A HELPFUL ( OPINION ) THEN MOVE ON PLEASE.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@hammondstreasurehunts_4u wrote:

IF YOU CANNOT PROVE IT WAS BROKEN THEN HOW IN THE WORLD CAN EBAY SAY..... >>>> IT WAS BROKEN <<<<

Buyer doesn't have to prove anything, all they have to say is it was broken.

As a buyer, that one neg wouldn't bother me as much as your reply would.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Ya, Just another one of ebay STUPID BLEEPING rules.... A seller cannot leave a buyer anything other than a positive feed. HELLO!! So you tell me, How else can a seller warn his future sellers of the buyer??? ebay is FULL OF SCAMMERS..... And ebay created the monsters by allowing them to just keep taking and getting away with it..

Iv'e been with ebay over 20yrs my friend.. Those scammers come in all walks, shapes and forms.

Prime example: I had a friend drop and bust her corning ware dish a few months back. She called me asking if I had by any chance a replacement. I told her, Sorry dear I do not. Yet!! go look on ebay you should be able to find it. Which she did... She writes back a few days later and says, HEY, How well does ebay handle returns??

I said , meaning like what?? She said, her son told her, when your dish arrives just put your old dish you broke in place of it and ask seller for a refund. DISH ARRIVED BROKEN and send her photos of the dish broken or that dish back....I honestly couldn't even believe she was asking someone like me that question... I told her, DON'T YOU DARE! She started laughing and said, Oh I was just kidding you! I just called to tell you I ordered it.

But here's the thing. I just adore her and would die if she knew I even brought this up, but I really don't think she was kidding... I sure hope after I told her all the seller is out of pocket and how I felt when im done like that. I would hope she wouldn't even consider doing something like that.  But That I will never know...

Sure sounds like to me though, her son has done something like that to even have brought it up to her.

ebay makes it to easy for those scammers and bacls them.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@hammondstreasurehunts_4u 

Can I share some observations?  A few things that could help if you open your heart to them?  white_check_mark  Don't shoot the messenger! innocent

I get that you are angry - that comes out LOUD AND CLEAR!  I feel sorry that you have so much anger over this situation. What I do not understand is the continued raw emotions you display and how you turn that anger against other eBay members that are trying to help you? broken_heart

Why are you taking one negative feedback to heart so much?  I mean your reaction makes it look like this is PERSONAL to you.  You appear to be personally offended and upset from that.  When in business, one can be  disappointed, but one needs to recognize that 'it is only business' and not a vote on your character. Smiley Surprised How you respond to such disappointing situation, however, is demonstrative of your character.  So take the FB with a grain of salt and focus on the things you have in your power to control. white_check_mark

While it IS a free country and anyone is free to get up a soapbox in the town square or voice off on a message board, that doesn't mean that doing so is the right thing to do.  There can be consequences here as other could add you to their best buddies list. scream   That said,  I guess if there is value to you in venting here and that calms you down, then good for you.  Smiley Wink   It doesn't seem like you are calming down any, however. sob

I once had an elder say to me when I wanted shout all over a message board about some injustice I felt had been done to me, "It is one thing to be thought a fool, it is another thing to open you mouth and prove such!"  Than never stopped me from having an opinion or voicing it, but it did effect the STYLE I used as I tried to avoid looking foolish.

Anyway, see if you can come up with an unemotional & PROFESSIONAL response to the FB.  I think a prior poster had an excellent suggestion.  Do that and move on.rainbow  The red donut doughnutwill age off after a year and your continued selling successes will reduce the effect on your overall FB score. 

Much success to you with your selling!

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

WARNING BUYER LEAVES BAD FEEDBACK WITHOUT CONTACTING POSSIBLE FRAUD

By your own testiphony, your buyer made contact before leaving feedback. So aren't you being double-dishonest by also leaving the comment above in a positive feedback?

And what about the feedback you left for your historically-100% seller: Did you follow your own rules?

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Well way to make a bad situation worse. Your follow up makes you sound like a crazy angry person. Your feedback on their page shows you are a person who thinks the rules only affect other people.

next time you run into a difficult buyer take some time to calm down before you post public responses. The feedback you leave should reassure future potential buyers not slap some stranger in public. Neither of your feedbacks left are reassuring.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply