cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful dishonest seller - no tracking #, then "resends" packing with international #

I bought a phone battery and it was shipped promptly, no tracking. I waited over a week then contacted the buyer. After not responding, I opened a case requesting a refund. The seller responded promptly but said they would send a new one with tracking and to close the case. That was my first mistake. The other mistake was accepting another shipment. I had already ordered one elsewhere that was of course going to get here in two days and cancelled it on the promise of express shipping.

The tracking number, first of all, is international. The seller is based in NYC. And it's been bouncing around in NYC for 4 days and looks like it's going through customs. I'm thinking the seller sent me some sort of international tracking number to keep me happy and either sent it untracked to me again or didn't send another one at all. 😕 Now that I've closed the case, I had to call ebay to appeal the outcome of the case.

Any tips/advice? Does this tracking look like it's leaving the country? If it were coming from NY to SC where I am, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have done this.

tori_729_0-1637604832499.png

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Awful dishonest seller - no tracking #, then "resends" packing with international #

That is absolutely leaving the country. Give eBay a call.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Awful dishonest seller - no tracking #, then "resends" packing with international #

@ward_warehouse wrote:

That is absolutely leaving the country. Give eBay a call.

Thanks! That's what I thought. Ebay actually came through very quickly and changed the case in my favor. I'm assuming the seller will get a defect and I'm definitely leaving a negative, although I wonder if I should wait a little longer to make sure I definitely never get it. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply