cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian tracking information

I am from Greece and I sold an item to an Australian buyer by registered mail.

The buyer messaged  me that he has not received the item yet.

When i try to track the item ,Australian Post Office returns this message - Sorry, this item can't be tracked -.

Do you have any idea how can i track it.I tried some search tracking sites like

http://www.track-trace.com/post or http://17track.net/ or Greek PO track & trace , but the result is the same ,no tracking info from the Australin PO.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Australian tracking information

From what I understand, many countries do not have online tracking for international registered mail so that might be the problem.  If you look at the Greek post office site, does it say that international tracking is available  for that service?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Well,I contacted the Greek PO to help me to track the item and they answered me

that they can track it only up to the Australian airport.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you cannot prove delivery, you will have to refund the buyer if they open an item not received claim. When was the item mailed?  If it hasn't been that long you may want to ask the buyer to wait a little bit longer as some items do get delayed in customs.  But if the buyer does open a claim you do not want eBay to step in as that could give you a defect against your account.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you very much my friend for your kind suggestions. I've already contacted

the buyer and told him to wait a little bit longer (you see he is a new member on ebay with 6 FB only and very impatient - he messaged me  10 working days after shipped the item ).The matter is that i am trying to protect myself from a bad transaction but i have not any picture from the disfuctional Australian PO.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply