cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask For more money for shipping?

Hi, I'm a pretty new seller and sold a laptop on Ebay. I had it for an auction and that the buyer would pay the shipping cost. 

Normally at the end of the sale, eBay does a pretty good job of charging shipping to the customer then I print the label off and send the item.

On this auction, it ended up being an international sale. The buyer requested an invoice and I never had done one before and filled in everything. The invoice calculated that the shipping would be 19.95. But when going to print the label it is $62 to ship. 

Do I have to ship the item? Is there a way for me to get the buyer to pay the difference in shipping as I did have it listed as the buyer pays?

Maybe cancel the order, not sure how to proceed.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ask For more money for shipping?

Make sure the correct size , weight and shipping service is selected. It could be you entered incorrect info when you created the listing. Check if that too is correct?

You can't ask for more shipping as that breaks the rules. If you refuse to ship, you will receive a very serious NPS defect.  That can lead to a lifetime ban on selling.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yeah, it's all the right measuremnts, I feel like he knew that shipping would be wrong if he asked for an invoice that's why he did it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I’d cancel. I was burned twice on postage. The first time buyer promised to pay true postage when item was received. Didn’t happen. If you can afford to give away the postage, do it. Otherwise, a ding on your statistics doesn’t matter. Most people don’t give feedback anyway.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I sent it, only down $2 when doing the math on it. But removing international shipping from all my items. If all they want to do is try to bone use, then they can't buy my **bleep** haha.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply