cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any tools to help set up shipping rate tables and surcharges for states?

Is there any tool available where I can enter in my current location and then see the cost to ship to different states or something of the sort? I'm not even too sure how rates are calculated for first class or priority, but I do notice an increase of a couple of dollars between shipping to someone in my own state, Florida, and say California as one example. Is it done by region? Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Are there any tools to help set up shipping rate tables and surcharges for states?

I'm asking because I'd rather charge people what the actual cost is and not just set a flat rate for everyone that covers the cost of shipping to California.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Are there any tools to help set up shipping rate tables and surcharges for states?

Is it possible to set up the shipping rate table to account for the changes in price between say a 4OZ first class and an 8OZ first class package? And, thank you, I know of the shipping calculator, but then I would have to go through every state for every weight no..?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes, postage costs are set by Zone and by weight. The USPS Zones work much like a bullseye target with the sender at the center. They are not set by state.

You do not have to set up these tables yourself. Just choose "calculated" shipping rather than flat rate when you set up your listing. Then the listing will automatically show the postage cost from your ZIP Code to the ZIP Code of any member who looks at your listing.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply