cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having scans as 'Pre-Shipment Info Sent USPS Awaits Item' in middle of transit??

This is a purchase that I made where the USPS website shows the package at a regional distribution center.  This scanned the same way on eBay yesterday, but today the last scan is for 'Pre-Shipment Info Sent' and some of the previous scans are now missing.  I am having the same problem with some of the items that I sold and shipped.   Anyone have the same thing happen or know what is going on??   Here are the scans for my purchase: Ebay website tracking info: USPS tracking #
  • Nov 29, 2020
  • 10:18am
  • PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • SACRAMENTO, CA 95816
  • Nov 28, 2020
  • 8:18pm
  • ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
  • SACRAMENTO, CA 95816
  • Nov 27, 2020
  • 5:13pm
  • Tracking number provided
  • USPS website tracking info for same package:
  • November 28, 2020, 9:33 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    SACRAMENTO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
    Your item arrived at our SACRAMENTO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on November 28, 2020 at 9:33 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 28, 2020, 8:18 pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    SACRAMENTO, CA 95816 

November 27, 2020, 5:13 pm
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    SACRAMENTO, CA 95816 
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Anyone else having scans as 'Pre-Shipment Info Sent USPS Awaits Item' in middle of transit??

Hi,

Yes...Im having the same issue with at least one of my outbound packages...same exact situation as you...ironically, its my most expensive order...go figure...Im sure its a gliche in their system and it will sort itself out, but, this isnt the right time of year to have a gliche like this...Ive also seen one of my shipping percentages downgraded because "tracking number uploaded on time but no carrier scan"...and the tracking shows a carrier scan....so thats obviously an error in their system as well...I first noticed this yesterday...Im gonna give it another day before I call them...but, yes, i think they have some internal errors going on with their system right now...

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Hi,  I hope it is a system glitch and will sort itself out.   It's on some of my most expensive packages too.  Thank you for posting!

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

The same exact thing happened to me on two items currently in transit. One item mailed Fri. Nov 27 scanned as "picked up" with further update scans now just says "shipping label created" two days later. It seems to be a problem on ebay's end because if you copy and paste the tracking number directly to the USPS tracking website everything looks fine. Not good from a customer service perspective if our buyers only look for shipping updates on ebay and not USPS directly.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

YES!!! 

A whole day's worth with about 10 packages.  I tracked them yesterday or the day before and all was well, made it to the regional hub and then this morning the eBay tracking now has USPS awaiting the items.  The USPS tracking is normal. 

?????

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

This will need to be raised in the Weekly Chat on Wednesday. It will help to have screenshots to post showing the actual tracking history on the USPS.com website vs. the incomplete and incorrect status on the Ebay site.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Yes. Same issue here. Everything I've shipped since the 23rd is now messed up. And because of this my Top Rated Seller status is in jeopardy.  Was on chat with support this morning for 2.5 hours and they were no help. Then on phone with multiple reps and they don't seem to acknowledge they have an issue. I also believe this is now affecting my Promoted Listing impressions as those plummeted on Saturday the 28th... the same day the tracking information got messed up. Anyone else seeing a large drop in promoted traffic too?

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

We too, have the same issue, and we also found the same problem when we tried to track an inbound package, also coming via USPS. There apparently is a problem with USPS tracking records.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Expect that USPS will have wacko tracking and late packages and also possibly lost packages. They are still a mess.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Just another eBay IT coding issue.

Its' a time zone thing in some situations.

I have a strange one showing on the eBay tracking.

The buyer ordered the wrong thing.  Already shipped before he realized it. Told him to just "return to sender unopened, so that he does not need to pay return shipping.

The item is in transit back, and shows as such, dated Nov 25, but above that eBay is now showing, out of sequence, the item delivered on Nov 21.  USPS status is just fine showing the refused, and now headed to destination.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

This will need to be raised in the Weekly Chat on Wednesday. It will help to have screenshots to post showing the actual tracking history on the USPS.com website vs. the incomplete and incorrect status on the Ebay site.

I believe it was on the chat 2 weeks ago (last chat was about 80% Thanksgiving eats posts)😊

Good idea to run it by them again with lots of screenshots.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Same eBay false reports of USPS awaiting shipment at 8:14 on 11/29/20, even on items that have already been delivered.  I currently have 2 faults on my dashboard due to this.   Tomorrow I may have still more.  In every case the tracking codes on the USPS site show a correct, full report without this false message.  I went over a half dozen recent items - all show the same false message on eBay.  This out-of-sequence report is apparently causing Ebay to ignore most of the tracking info. 

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Yes.  I had the same situation with 3 of my most recently sent packages. 

I blame eBay.  It's their tracking feature that's messed up. 

When I checked the tracking numbers at USPS.com they were still showing  "in transit" and I believe that's the case.  BUT that's not going to stop buyers who see the misinformation on eBay's tracking feature from complaining!  Unfortunately it's another mess sellers will have to be aware of and probably spend their personal time on "damage control".

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@little*blackdog wrote:

Yes.  I had the same situation with 3 of my most recently sent packages. 

I blame eBay.  It's their tracking feature that's messed up. 

When I checked the tracking numbers at USPS.com they were still showing  "in transit" and I believe that's the case.  BUT that's not going to stop buyers who see the misinformation on eBay's tracking feature from complaining!  Unfortunately it's another mess sellers will have to be aware of and probably spend their personal time on "damage control".

It's just eBay IT coding once again demonstrating the level of their skills.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Same here.  Sending item to upstate NY.  Started out right.  Then reverted to stupid.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply