cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having scans as 'Pre-Shipment Info Sent USPS Awaits Item' in middle of transit??

This is a purchase that I made where the USPS website shows the package at a regional distribution center.  This scanned the same way on eBay yesterday, but today the last scan is for 'Pre-Shipment Info Sent' and some of the previous scans are now missing.  I am having the same problem with some of the items that I sold and shipped.   Anyone have the same thing happen or know what is going on??   Here are the scans for my purchase: Ebay website tracking info: USPS tracking #
  • Nov 29, 2020
  • 10:18am
  • PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • SACRAMENTO, CA 95816
  • Nov 28, 2020
  • 8:18pm
  • ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
  • SACRAMENTO, CA 95816
  • Nov 27, 2020
  • 5:13pm
  • Tracking number provided
  • USPS website tracking info for same package:
  • November 28, 2020, 9:33 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    SACRAMENTO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
    Your item arrived at our SACRAMENTO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on November 28, 2020 at 9:33 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 28, 2020, 8:18 pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    SACRAMENTO, CA 95816 

November 27, 2020, 5:13 pm
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    SACRAMENTO, CA 95816 
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Anyone else having scans as 'Pre-Shipment Info Sent USPS Awaits Item' in middle of transit??

Same issue here, two packages that I sent out this week are doing the same thing.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Same kinda issue ebays tracking and what is reality are two different things.  I now have items that were out for delivery on USPS and ebay is saying that they have been resent back to my post office. 

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

I’m having the same issue, see attachment. 338B31A0-5AD9-464B-9355-F3AB99E4C90A.jpeg

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Yep had the same experience on the last two items I purchased.

Good News both items delivered before the estimated delivery dates.

There is a screw up (aka glitch) somewhere.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Yep just to add to everyone else i have over a dozen items not even being scanned from the origin post office and duplicate labels being created after some of the items have been delivered not to mention just about all the other issues everyone else is having. What a wonderful time of the year!!

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

My issues are showing up ALMOST as bad on the USPS website as the Ebay one.  It is ALL a complete mess right now.  7 of the 9 packages I'm waiting to receive are now in the doldrums of 'No expected delivery date' and 2 of the 3 packages that I KNOW I heard my carrier scan for pickup on my porch on the 30th still say 'pre-shipment.'  

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Yes.  I just noticed it today.  I really hope they (whoever they may be) get it sorted out.   It is one of the weirder glitches I've seen.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

One of my INCOMING packages is doing that, (movement scans but the most recent scan is another 'pre-shipment').  And ALL 9 of my incoming packages have slowed or stopped moving, defaulted to 'No expected delivery date.'  And I'm talking about on the USPS website Informed Delivery, NOT Ebay (some were things I ordered on other websites). 
Now as for OUTGOING packages, I'm even more freaked out.  The worst example was a scheduled pickup I had on the 30th.  I heard my carrier scan all 3 of them on my porch, plus another beep for an item I received.  I got to the door fast enough to see her carrying away all 3 of my pickups; I KNOW the USPS has them, and that they were all scanned.  But only ONE of them is showing any scans past 'pre-shipment.'  And yes, unfortunately I'm seeing the same thing on both Ebay and the USPS website.  In other words, if you're worried about losing TRS status because the Ebay reps aren't being cooperative in recognizing a major Ebay glitch, be glad you at least have USPS screenshots to back up your claim, because I don't.  I'm looking at not only losing my TRS but possibly having to refund buyers on purchases, with no way of knowing whether the packages really were lost, or they received them but took advantage of the situation.  Obviously I've written those 2 buyers and begged their patience and mercy if they receive(d) their orders, to let me know.  
I'm almost too overwhelmed with despair right now.  This is all happening on top of a cascade of other problems.  For example one of my incoming packages is a new pair of eyeglasses I ordered back on the 14th. I have serious vision issues, still have my old broken glasses but with both ear stems taped on, all wobbly, fall off every time I put my head down, and just imagine with a mask. 

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

I am having the same issue and it doesn't seem to cause a delivery issue. However, I do have 2 packages that I am concerned about.  I dropped off about 10 packages and 2 aren't showing any acceptance scan. It does show the same date and time preshipment entry as the other 8 packages. I am hoping to see an update over the next couple of days.  Good luck everyone and have a great day.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

I am having the same issue.  I had 8 items dropped off Dec 1 and all of them show:

December 1, 2020 at 1:39 am

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

BLAINE, WA 98230 

nothing else.  One buyer asked me when was I going to mail it after Christmas?

Is there someone on this board that worked/works for the post office that can explain how things work.  Items dropped off on Dec 2 are starting to be delivered no problem but all 8 from the 1st are missing.    

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

I had multiple outgoing packages end up in the same situation last week. One of the items actually showed as delivered the same day I dropped it at USPS. This time of year is hard on the carriers. Especially this year with COVID. Be patient. 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

I’ve received the same info from eBay tracking and USPS tracking on my problem packages. I guess they are both getting the holiday blues.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

I guess there is a silver lining to my sales being in crapper so far this month.  I had a package shipped priority on Dec. 1st. that shows the post office had never received it.  Needless to say, it was the most expensive item I sold in a while.  I am thinking of putting my store on vacation hold the rest of this month. 

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

The same thing happened to some of my orders. I called eBay and they said it was a glitch they were aware of. Tracking is fine in USPS website but glitchy in ebays end. It sucks. eBay should fix this ASAP.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Happening to me also. Have a case filed that I had to reimburse someone because it is so late. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply