cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea when Australia USPS restrictions will be lifted?

Any idea when Australia USPS restrictions will lifted since Ebay international is still broken?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Any idea when Australia USPS restrictions will be lifted?

You're not the first person selling motors parts that has reported this @yunger3816.

Perhaps velvet@ebay or jasmen@ebay can let us know if eBay International Standard Delivery is no longer available for motors parts & accessories? Unannounced change?

I didn't find anything in the policy pages, but it could be that they haven't updated them yet.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

No word on it being lifted yet @yunger3816. In what way is eBay International Standard Delivery broken?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I haven't been able to create an ad using eBay international without getting an error message for 2 months. I'm not the only one, and ebay doesn't seem to have an answer to the problem or seem too concerned. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You're not the first person selling motors parts that has reported this @yunger3816.

Perhaps velvet@ebay or jasmen@ebay can let us know if eBay International Standard Delivery is no longer available for motors parts & accessories? Unannounced change?

I didn't find anything in the policy pages, but it could be that they haven't updated them yet.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

According to the following link,  it looks like USPS is accepting first class intl to Australia. And Priority Mail Express? Perhaps it’s possible to print a first class label on Pirateship or PayPal?

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

Click on view the suspensions.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Good spot by PJ. I missed the asterisk. It appears they resumed USPS First Class Package International which is good for packages under 4 lb.

PirateShip offers a few international options that could work, too. For packages over 4 lb I use UPS Worldwide Expedited.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Ads I made before this problem surfaced that still have eBay international as a shipping option has it available when I print a label. Also, something else I shipped priority international, showed the eBay international as an option, even though I couldn't put it in the initial ad.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I was only offering it since we have more than occasional Aussie buyers. Now they see not shipping to your country when they want to buy something.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@yunger3816 wrote:

Ads I made before this problem surfaced that still have eBay international as a shipping option has it available when I print a label. Also, something else I shipped priority international, showed the eBay international as an option, even though I couldn't put it in the initial ad.

If you "sell similar" from one of those listings, does it pull in the EISD shipping option since it was on the original?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@yunger3816 wrote:

I was only offering it since we have more than occasional Aussie buyers. Now they see not shipping to your country when they want to buy something.

I am in Australia, just clicked BIN on one of yor items, no message about not sending to me.

Our internal mail seems to be back to normal, very few late/long deliveries, so unsure why there is still a restriction.

In saying that I have not checked any seller using GSP to see if that is once again available for us.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

GSP to Australia was never affected.

USPS / Australia current suspensions:

*Australia’s service disruption affects Priority Mail International® (PMI), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) M-Bags, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) M-Bags, and Airmail M-Bags.

So First Class Package International (FCPI) is back up and running, as is Priority Mail Express - but almost nobody uses Express international because of the expense.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey @wastingtime101! I don't think this is motors specific as I was able to find a ticket that was just opened yesterday. I added it to the tech board post here and sellers can start getting info to Customer Support so more reports can be added to it. Thanks! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply