cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And Today's Stupid Award Goes to...

We sold a GPS unit. Listed it as "Parts/Not Working because all attempts to activate it have met with failure. "

This morning we received a Return Request. The buyer wants to return it because it doesn't work and he can't activate it...

Hmmm...

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

He probably saw the low price and jumped on the good deal, without reading the listing. Happens a lot with “for parts or not working” listings.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 35
latest reply

I would tell him to return it for a full refund.    Return shipping should be on the buyer though.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Title says: Magellan RoadMate 7771T-LMB 7" Touchscreen GPS Navigation Unit NEW OPEN BOX

Then, Condition:For parts or not working

And the blurb in the description.  HOWEVER, it has been said many times here that 'for parts, not working' should be in the item title since so many people now never read past that.

You might want to rethink your note about ship to addresses also.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

@nationalpawnshopwrote:

We sold a GPS unit. Listed it as "Parts/Not Working because all attempts to activate it have met with failure. "

This morning we received a Return Request. The buyer wants to return it because it doesn't work and he can't activate it...

Hmmm...

In the title, you should have used for Parts or Repair and not used New.

Just going by the title, I would think it's a new working item.

A lot of buyers just look at the title and pictures and never make it to the description.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 35
latest reply

We have a No Return Policy. We're not accepting a return because they buyer didn't read the listing or because we didn't say Parts/Not Working in the title.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

@kensgiftshopwrote:

@nationalpawnshopwrote:

Hmmm...

In the title, you should have used for Parts or Repair and not used New.

Just going by the title, I would think it's a new working item.

A lot of buyers just look at the title and pictures and never make it to the description.

You know what? I'm one of those buyers. If the title looks perfectly clear to me, and seems to meet the requirements I was looking for, I don't look at the description. Why would I? 

To me, it's like having a title that says "Bic Pen." Then, in the description, it says, "doesn't write."

In the interest of full disclosure, however, I have started reading descriptions on listing--after having read many threads like this on discussion boards.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

@nationalpawnshopwrote:

We have a No Return Policy. We're not accepting a return because they buyer didn't read the listing or because we didn't say Parts/Not Working in the title.

You said the item was new in the title and description.

If I bought an item that the seller said was new, I would expect it to work.

You did say it was being sold for parts because you couldn't get it to work.

If the buyer didn't read everything, they probably thought they were getting a new working item.

If they file an INAD, they will probably win because you said the item was new.

Have a great day.
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

The GPS was physically new and being sold as Parts because we couldn't get it activated. Our description text is hardly War & Peace and we're not responsible for the buyers failure to read it.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

@nationalpawnshopwrote:

The GPS was physically new and being sold as Parts because we couldn't get it activated. Our description text is hardly War & Peace and we're not responsible for the buyers failure to read it.

I'm afraid Ebay will disagree with that.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

ok you can have a NO return...but ebay will still make you refund....so plan on it,....

your title was not really clear..yes buyers should read, but in ebay's CS eyes...they'll see the title and agree with the buyer...REFUND THEM>
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Really? Ebay will ignore our No Return policy and make us accept a return because the buyer didn't read the description and we didn't put Parts/Not Working in the title? Then why bother having a return policy? Why bother with a description if it all comes down to the title?

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Today, eBay has changed the policy, They will not change the buyer remourse reason. eBay has employed the wrost policy ever where buyer purchase the item and open the return request stating it is not working because it does not have HDMI port, Still you are resposible for the return shipping cost.

I have called and reported this seller unfreindly policy, I urge all the sellers to call and show your oposition to this policy.

eBay has to change this policy ASAP otherwise they will loose lots of sellers.

Why seller is resposible if buyer purchse the wrong item???? The item delivered to the buyer as described and in working condition. still seller is responsible for the return shipping cost.. WOW!!

eBay need to fire those people who wrote this kind of stupid policy.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Reply to @nationalpawnshop 

Sellers must be mindful and govern themselves in accordance with ebay's supremacy policies. 

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Why bother with a description if it all comes down to the title?

Why use the word "new" in the title of an item that you know does not work?

Message 15 of 35
latest reply