cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All I want is an acceptance scan on the day I ship -Too much to ask????

I've been avoiding the PO as much as possible, BUT my postman will not scan in my packages (I have about 1-2 daily).  They are left at the condo front desk with a note to PLEASE scan in my packages (I have a one day handling time).  He rarely does.

Tuesday I donned my mask and stood in line, dropped the 2 packages on the "scanning counter" and left.  My package shows as accepted on Wed. (a day late)

I know the PO does this to pump up their handling times, but I am being penalized.  I know Ebay is giving some slack during the pandemic, but how much longer will they do that?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: All I want is an acceptance scan on the day I ship -Too much to ask????

This is an issue that everybody faces in one form or another. One way is to befriend your regular letter carrier. Just talk to him like two adults.It is possible that he is actually not familiar with the form.

When my mailman got health problems he was out for 2 months. I met with the new guy, talked to him about the form. He was willing to try. He scanned the form but got an error message. I told him that to scan the form, he has to use a different setting, not the one that he uses the acceptance scan for individual parcels. At that time I already knew that when they deliver a package they set their scanner on option. When they accept a package, to scan the label they have to change it to menu item 8. Now the weird part is, that if they need to scan the form, they go back to item menu 1. SO to scan the acceptance form they use the same setting as they use when they scanned delivered packages.

SO he tried, he did not get the message. But he still thought that I was trying to cheat him or something. It took whole week for him to really get it. He said that he asked the manager about the correct way.

I have had a great relationship with mine and have no problems whatsoever, leaving packages at the management office, or handing him the form. A completely different story with the substitutes (when my mailman has a day off). As they do not arrive at the same time every day, I can't meet them personally. I also leave messages with PLS PLS PLS scan the labels. Nothing helps.

Then I go to the post office. I used to leave the packages at the assigned counter , but not anymore. They don't scan them. SO I do wait in line and have the clerk scan the form.

Now, you shouldn't have this problem even if you are not able to befriend your regular letter carrier. Definitely! visit your postmaster and ask them do resolve the problem. Especially these days they should be willing and happy to limit the number of customers visiting Post offices.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply