cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional postage due for return label

The USPS is trying to charge me additional postage due for an item I sold that is being returned to be with a return label printed from eBay. I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading a comment from an eBay rep in another discussion that mentioned that any additional postage due on a return service package should be charged to eBay, not the recipient of the return. Am I wrong?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Additional postage due for return label

@stylishstealsapp, let your post office know that the postage for a "Return Service" package is calculated and charged to the account holder shown on the label, eBay in this case, and refer it to its own DMM (domestic mail manual) in the office it is in.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No you are not wrong.   You shouldn't be getting charged.  Let me guess....it will end up being a first class return label.   I would point out to your PO that a first class return label can be used for any package up to 70 pounds. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@stylishstealsapp, let your post office know that the postage for a "Return Service" package is calculated and charged to the account holder shown on the label, eBay in this case, and refer it to its own DMM (domestic mail manual) in the office it is in.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes, it was a first class return label, but it was shipped in a Priority envelope. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply