cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARGHHHH! So irritated right now...

On June 26 I had a buyer purchase 3 items.  Before it even arrived, I received a return request from buyer in spite of the fact that my listings say I do not accept returns.  Following advice I received here (which basically said "accept the return or your buyer will do a chargeback and you will be SOL" - I accepted the return..

When he opened his return request, he only opened it for ONE item, not all three. Because he refused delivery of the item,  the return status said "buyer has not shipped the item".  

Buyer bought 3 items for a total of $86 plus shipping.  I called customer service and was told I needed to issue the return through that window - she told me just hit "refund buyer" now.  The refund was for that one particular item which was $26 with $4 shipping, so I was forced to refund his shipping by using that window. Customer service told me if I did not do it that way the case would not be closed.

Going against my better judgment 😞 I did what she told me to do....

Then I asked how I was supposed to refund the rest of the amount and she says -- wait for it -- he only requested a return for the one item - YOU DON'T NEED TO REFUND THE REST OF THE MONEY.  **bleep**?!

At this point I said to her "are you telling me I should keep the remaining amount of money because he only requested a return of one of the items? And she again says "he only requested a $30 return, you've given him what he asked for".

Holy mother of God... I don't even know what to say....

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: ARGHHHH! So irritated right now...

never mind, mis-read the OP

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

When your buyer starts return requests for the 2 other items, accept the requests and have eBay issue the 2 return labels. Or your buyer might start remorse returns instead, for which return shipping is on the buyer.

Either way, after 5 business days, call eBay again, and have those returns closed while you stay on the line, if the buyer has not returned the nothing that they received.

We have no bahamas today.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@the*vintage*table wrote:

On June 26 I had a buyer purchase 3 items.  

When he opened his return request, he only opened it for ONE item, not all three. 

Then I asked how I was supposed to refund the rest of the amount and she says -- wait for it -- he only requested a return for the one item - YOU DON'T NEED TO REFUND THE REST OF THE MONEY.  **bleep**?!

At this point I said to her "are you telling me I should keep the remaining amount of money because he only requested a return of one of the items? And she again says "he only requested a $30 return, you've given him what he asked for".

Holy mother of God... I don't even know what to say....

×××××××××××××××××××××

Ebay CS appears to have a poor reputation in making just & fair determinations

You can always appropriately refund your buyer with PayPal.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Seriously?  There is absolutely nothing preventing them from slapping the label on an empty envelope and mailing it to me, showing delivery...

But I do believe you missed the whole point of my post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Following policy doesn't necessarily result in good & fair outcomes.

Att:  CS

commonsense should not be uncommon.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Seriously?  There is absolutely nothing preventing them from slapping the label on an empty envelope and mailing it to me, showing delivery...

return labels to place on empty envelopes do require payment of postage 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If you refund the other 2 items without a ca(u)se, you'll get two OOS.

Oops.

We have no bahamas today.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

So all three items were in the same package, correct? 

Refusal of delivery is a violation on the buyer's part. That invalidates ebay MBG (unless that has changed).
Does the tracking show the package(s) being refused? 

You can report buyer for abuse of the MBG due to the delivery refusal and for the false return claim. I'd add buyer to BBL.

Technically, I don't think you have to return any of his money because of the MBG violation. However I'd refund less shipping charges (check to see if you have return shipping charges).  You can issue whatever amount of refund you want to via paypal.  (Though it doesn't show for several days at ebay).  As other's pointed out he could do a CC chargeback  if he used such through paypal. 

CSR are just trying to apply the crazy rules and so many are lacking appropriate training. Morals get thrown out regularly. 

I'd call and ask for a supervisor or maybe someone will tag one of the blues to look into this and get it resolved before buyer causes a bigger mess. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I recently had a buyer contact me with the old "my son made the purchase on my phone without my knowledge, so please cancel it" story. Had I not already shipped the item, I would have had no problem canceling, but once the item is shipped, my no returns policy goes into effect. 

As all sellers already know, the "no returns" option is a joke since eBay will MAKE you accept the return, but anyway, that's for a different thread. 

I wished her luck and shook my head, but a week later, the item was returned to me -- refused. 

Then, a message from her wondering where her refund was. I explained my position, and, you all know what came next...yep, the return request. 

I called eBay CS, and they said that I didn't have to accept the return because she ordered and refused, but she kept writing me for a refund. After deducting all costs, my profit was $2.88, so I offered that to her and never heard back. The item sold for $4.00.

I'm not sure what point I'm making, but thought I'd share my experience. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply