cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AQUILINE SHIPPING

Hi. I just got tracking for an item purchased the other day. The tracking number is provided by a company called Aquiline. I've never heard of it. A Google search says it's in Europe, both I and the seller are in the USA, or so the seller claims to be. I then did a search on eBay in the forums, and TONS of eBayers say that Aquiline is a fraud or a scam. Some sellers use it to convert Amazon tracking to Aquiline tracking for obvious reasons. Some buyers got empty boxes, empty envelopes, or "delivered" notices when no package was delivered at all.

Tracking is also weird. It provides no point of origin or point of delivery, so instead of seeing "shipped from Los Angeles....delivered Boston", you see "shipped....delivered". I called eBay twice, wasn't allowed to speak to a supervisor, got disconnected the first time and snapped at the second time. I wanted verification from an eBay rep that Aquiline was a legitimate eBay approved shipper. The second rep said it was yet he'd never heard of it before. Just because a seller uses it doesn't mean that it's legitimate, right? Or does it? Have any of you had good experiences with Aquiline? This is just so weird, like getting a vague tracking number from "Bob's Shipping". Thanks.  p.s. a rep told me to cancel the item, he insisted that it hadn't been shipped yet, but when I tried I got, "sorry, already shipped".

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: AQUILINE SHIPPING

Your seller is probalbly a drop shipper. Just give it a few days & if the parcel doesn't reach you by the expected delivery date & you see no additional information in tracking, then you can always open up an item not received claim.  

Hang tight & enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Your seller is probalbly a drop shipper. Just give it a few days & if the parcel doesn't reach you by the expected delivery date & you see no additional information in tracking, then you can always open up an item not received claim.  

Hang tight & enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

Lots of posts on the UK forum where it seems to be regarded as a fake courier and fake tracking.

Here's a sample............

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Buying/Aquiline-tracking-scam-BEWARE/m-p/7370261 

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Hi, thanks! I tried to cancel the order and was told that it had already shipped. Then I wrote the seller to express concern about Aquiline and what I'd read in the eBay forums. The seller cancelled the order! (he could see that the request had been made) and lectured me, told me to NOT read stuff online! I think you're right about the Amazon drop shipping bit....I found the same item on Amazon for less. The eBay seller copied and pasted their entire ad. He cancelled my order to cover his backside, lol.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Thanks, I haven't read a single good thing about this company yet eBay doesn't ban it. 

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Just adding an update: the seller that canceled my order after I expressed a concern about nothing but negative comments left for Aquiline messaged me. In addition to saying, "don't read stuff online", he told me that Aquiline IS in Europe and that it's a "shipping management company". This is nonsense. Aquiline doesn't own planes or vehicles or even pick up or deliver packages. All it does is provide SUBSTITUTE TRACKING NUMBERS that disguise actual tracking numbers. This helps certain eBay sellers to violate eBay policy about drop shipping from places like Amazon. The item that I bought from the eBay seller by the way, for which he refunded, said "last one" in his description. Well guess what I just found on Amazon? I just found the SAME item, with the exact same description and photos, and even the same "last one", though Amazon accurately added that it was "used - like new". I'm convinced that the eBay seller was going to buy it, then have it drop shipped to me using the Aquiline shipping number. Aquiline does NOTHING to "manage shipping". It doesn't provide logistics or anything of the sort. Sellers who use it pay it to change a legitimate tracking number into an Aquiline tracking number which then gives non-specific information!

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

You already got an answer. I just wanted to add, I had a couple of items I purchased on eaby for which I got that Aquiline tracking number. It is not a fake number just a number generated to allow tracking of the amazon items.  I received the purchased in a few days via USPS. So far, I have not had any negative experience with Aquiline tracking. Some say drop-shipping is prohibited on ebay, I don't follow that, for me the bottom line has been, I made several purchases and got my orders in a few days.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

I got an aquiline tracking number for an item I bought it bounced around in the tracking never giving me a location then said it was delivered. I was home all day and got no deliveries, checked all my security cameras no vehicles of any kind on my road and now seller will not respond to me... 

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Bluecare Express is the same animal. Buyers keep getting scammed and ebay sales will eventually fall like a rock. ebay needs to make sellers list who is their shipper and give the buyers a way to opt out if they issue us some bogus tracking! Remember to use feedback appropriately! 

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Seller said my item delivered. It had not. Seller said they had proof of delivery by the scamming carrier "Aquiline". I checked the tracking, it showed the item was picked up on Sunday and delivered the next day (Monday). Overnight delivery from California to Florida on a $10 item with free shipping? When the seller was contacted they said the carrier had delivered it and it was out of there hands. I had Ebay step in and they got me my money back from these SCAMMERS.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Same thing happened to me. They had aqualine say they delivered it to my PO Box and then when I told them I didn't receive it they sent me a different tracking number that said it was returned to sender. Ebay denied my refund and I'm out $100. Last transaction with Ebay for me... Thanks for nothing. Here's the two tracking numbers they gave me. Seems like something they should be able to figure out but its seems they don't care, makes me wonder if they're in on it. And then since the case is closed by ebay in favor of the seller they delete your negative review so they can keep doing it again and again, very rigged against the buyer.

sky72-3

Seller was sky72-3 and was  totally in on it. Claimed to have already sent me my money back but then said they would only do that if I deleted my negative review and closed the case which I wouldn't do till I got my refund. 

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Same thing just happened to me. Tracking was made up garbage. Ebay won't refund since it shows delivered. Am currently going through PayPal to try and resolve this. Not sure why Ebay doesn't wake up and do some investigating on these claims. I've used eBay for 22 years but think it's time to quit.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

I just received a package by Aquiline shipping and it arrived 1 day earlier than stated.  They use Amazon delivery.  If you want an accurate shipping information go to aquiline shipping and put in your tracking #. 

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Ditto 

I hope PayPal will help us. This is ridiculous.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

I filed a complaint with PayPal. You might try it. Good luck. eBay needs to put a stop to this.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply