cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A buyer located in Vietnam had won my auction, but my listing does not have Vietnam as an option.

Hello everyone, I had sold an item (that being a rather fragile computer component) and I had made the rookie mistake of not properly setting the auction to US only (I thought I had but too late now I guess), and the winner is located in Vietnam. When I had reviewed the listing, it seems as though the "Shipping to" box doesn't have Vietnam as an option.

The buyer's given address is in Vietnam, too.

Thanks for any help, apologies if I posted in the wrong forum section; this is my first time using it.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

A buyer located in Vietnam had won my auction, but my listing does not have Vietnam as an option.

You can cancel the transaction,make sure you use 'problem with buyers address' so you dont receive a defect. Then go to your Seller Preferences and block countries you dont wish to ship to.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I am guessing that the buyer hasn't paid yet because they can't pay if you haven't specified shipping to their country. They may be planning on having you send an item to a reshipper in the US who will then ship it to them. You are responsible for the item until it reaches the reshipper.

This listing and a few other ones were set up using eBay's global shipping program. If you don't want to use them I believe that you need to check that off in your preferences otherwise eBay may add the gsp option to your listings.   Also, to limit the countries that you ship to, go to your account on my ebay -- site preferences--buyer requirements --check off the line that says something like.."do not allow buyers with a registered address in a country that I don't ship to.'  Then, if your listings states you ship to the United States, buyers from other countries won't see your listings or be able to buy them.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply