cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Shipments Out for Delivery in Wrong Town / State

I’ve had 5 INR claims filed because the packages show “Out for Delivery” in the wrong state, and now there’s 3 more active tracking #’s showing the same thing, yet to file a claim. All shipped through eBay’s Standard Envelope. 

I’ve sold 74 items in the past 30 days, that’s over 10% of my packages lost. 

What is going on here? Is anyone else having issues.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: 8 Shipments Out for Delivery in Wrong Town / State

I wonder if it's just a scanning error.

I've seen plenty of posts over the years, in which carriers picked up a package at a seller's home and scanned it as "Delivered" rather than "Accepted" because they forgot to change the setting on their hand-held scanner.  Those situations usually straighten themselves out when the package gets another scan with the correct status.

So perhaps a batch of your envelopes accidentally got the "Out for delivery" scan rather than an intermediate sorting/processing scan that they would get at a sorting center. How many days has it been since they got the "Out for delivery" scan?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

One of the packages was expected for delivery 14 days ago, which I refunded the buyer. 4 other items have shown out for delivery on Columbus OH for 6 business days, that buyer lives in NH. Another shows OFD in Pittsburgh, the buyer lives in Cincinnati, I live near Louisville.

I can understand missents and scanning errors, but being shipped past the destination state, or no updates in 6 business days, just seems wild to me. I also expected delays and issues as a seller, but over 10% of my sales having to be refunded is quite a bit higher than anyone expects. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Yikes, that is wild!  To answer your original question: I haven't seen any other threads about this.   Have you filed "Lost shipment" claims?

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/faqs

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I did one one, 4 of them are at 14 days, so I have to wait another day or so, and the other 3 are still about 4-5 days until I can file a claim. It just sucks being out money and on top of that not having the product, which I expected as a seller, but not to this magnitude. 

I’ve been on eBay for 9 years and done eCommerce outside of eBay for 6, and I’ve never had this many packages lost percentage wise.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

As a seller  it has gotten pretty bad for me also. Packages going to wrong cites, packages being returned and lost packages. Had 3 items returned to sender. Items I've purchased are sitting in various places around the country not moving. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Call USPS and open a case. You'll be on hold for a while but when the case is opened it usually gets sorted out in a day or so. Good luck

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I shipped through eBay standard envelope, can I still go through USPS or do I have to file a claim through the PIP form or whatever it’s called 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

USPS won't be able to help. And eBay standard envelope doesn't always show tracking.

"5 INR claims filed"? Have they been delivered already? Are these open cases pending with the buyers already ? Or are the still "out for delivery?"

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I am having the same problem with Standard Envelope. Not scan at all, Out for delivery, never arrived. Not enough postage you name it its happen.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

If it has tracking you can open a case

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@selsa84 wrote:

If it has tracking you can open a case

eBay standard envelope does not have tracking.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

strange stuff. I wasn't aware that ESE would ever show as "out for delivery".

Message 13 of 13
latest reply