cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 voucher for guaranteed delivery which hasn't arrived

I ordered an item with guaranteed delivery but it hasn't arrived. When I click on More Actions/Report late delivery
I get this:
Report late delivery.JPG
When I click on choice of voucher, I get the following message. 
Sorry.JPG
I've tried multiple times without success. 
Is Ebay not standing behind the $5 voucher? 
If they are, then how do I receive the voucher? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: $5 voucher for guaranteed delivery which hasn't arrived

I think that the Guaranteed Delivery gimmick is (quite possibly) the worst gimmick I've ever seen. With that being said... I suppose I'd recommend that you "Please try again" until you make it work for you. Good luck.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

No they aren't honoring them, likely due to the bad weather. Last time I had one, they just changed the guaranteed date, on that date, to the day is was actually delivered, two days later. But you can keep trying.

Hate to ask such a basic question - but is the item past the last estimated delivery date?

If so, then give it a few days and try again.  Maybe Monday.  You aren't going to "time out" of your ability to get the voucher, so don't sweat it.

Remember the GD is eBay's program and not the seller.  Ebay guarantees the delivery and takes the hit financially and not the seller.  So don't visit eBay's snafu on the tiller, please?

I think GD is a great program and I tend to buy more items from the sellers that offer it.  Many don't "get it" when it comes to GD, so they lose business buy sticking their head in the sand.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

It finally went through! 😊

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I got that message for a few weeks last time I tried to claim a Guaranteed Delivery. I had to go through customer service, which issued the $5 manually in the form of ebay Bucks.

So far, I've claimed the Guaranteed Delivery thing four times. Two of those times, the normal method didn't work and I had to contact customer service.

I always take a screen shot of the guarantee because ebay sometimes says there was no guarantee on something when there was. They can't find it, but they will accept a screenshot.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@mccamira wrote:

I always take a screen shot of the guarantee because ebay sometimes says there was no guarantee on something when there was. They can't find it, but they will accept a screenshot.

@mccamira 

I like that advice!  I think I'll start doing that too!  Thanks for sharing!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@no_zero369 wrote:

Hate to ask such a basic question - but is the item past the last estimated delivery date?

If so, then give it a few days and try again.  Maybe Monday.  You aren't going to "time out" of your ability to get the voucher, so don't sweat it.

Remember the GD is eBay's program and not the seller.  Ebay guarantees the delivery and takes the hit financially and not the seller.  So don't visit eBay's snafu on the tiller, please?

I think GD is a great program and I tend to buy more items from the sellers that offer it.  Many don't "get it" when it comes to GD, so they lose business buy sticking their head in the sand.

eBay's program, but buyer's are sometimes shown GD when a seller is not opted in.

Sure, eBay takes the financial hit, but the seller can take the perceived status of being a poor seller for not living up to buyer expectations for something that they wanted no part of.

I have spent a lot of keyboard time adjusting my listings to get the false GD to stop appearing on my listings.

With any luck this whole GD debacle will soon end. It is a flawed program that shows GD on items that have a 3 day handling time with only M-W-F as "working" days.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 

Hey Amigo, I think we just plain disagree!  I think the GD program is great!

I'd rather keep GD as it encourages buyers to buy from me, which is a good thing.  I'd rather spend that keyboard time working with buyers that are disgruntled than lose the sales.   For me it is easier to educate a buyer and resolve an issue.   But then, I am that way.  I constantly poke the bear and in my experience 99.99 times out of 100 the bear likes it and is appreciative.  The other "Ig-its," well they are the cost of doing bidness.

Just my experience, opinion, style and for whatever  that is worth?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I just read a notice recently that eBay discontinued the voucher program?  I guess with all the USPS delivery delays it was costing them a bundle

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

link?  screenshot?  please

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@no_zero369 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 

Hey Amigo, I think we just plain disagree!  I think the GD program is great!

I'd rather keep GD as it encourages buyers to buy from me, which is a good thing.  I'd rather spend that keyboard time working with buyers that are disgruntled than lose the sales.   For me it is easier to educate a buyer and resolve an issue.   But then, I am that way.  I constantly poke the bear and in my experience 99.99 times out of 100 the bear likes it and is appreciative.  The other "Ig-its," well they are the cost of doing bidness.

Just my experience, opinion, style and for whatever  that is worth?

I agree that we will just disagree.

It's a foolish program where eBay promises something that they can not deliver. GD , even for those not opted in.

It is foolish for me to have to spend "keyboard time" after a sale explaining to a buyer that eBay promised them guaranteed delivery, not me, and that their item is unlikely to arrived on or before the date eBay displayed for them.

I take care of any issue that may arise, but I do not sell on eBay to develop a group of "pen pals" that may potentially open an INR based upon "eBay provided" misinformation.

Seems that eBay has realized the $$ folly of their venture. The apparent.... dropping/modifying/what ever it is that they are doing .......  modification of the GD program by eBay is not much of an improvement except for,............. well, of course for eBay eliminating those $$ loses for eBay.  They are still making promises that they can not keep, but expect sellers to keep.

Now showing Free 4 day shipping  with a Get it by date  is barely an improvement over GD.  (today's, "I want it now" buyers will still think that date is etched in stone)

Example here. With my selected handling time, and working days, I ship by Feb 26.  How will this item make it 4-6 states away the following day?

Do I take that long to ship? Not always, but stuff happens.

get by.jpg

Changing to $0.01 shipping at least gets rid of the  Free 4 day shipping  with a Get it by date changing it to Estimated. Still unrealistic, but at least it says estimated, and perhaps a buyer will pick up on that word.

estimated when $ .01.jpg

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

It is foolish for me to have to spend "keyboard time" after a sale explaining to a buyer that eBay promised them guaranteed delivery, not me, and that their item is unlikely to arrived on or before the date eBay displayed for them.

I take care of any issue that may arise, but I do not sell on eBay to develop a group of "pen pals" that may potentially open an INR based upon "eBay provided" misinformation.

You'll spend keyboard time, by choice, whether the eBay-provided misinformation on your listing is

-- guaranteed delivery,

-- estimated delivery,

-- get it by, or

-- no estimate available.

5szifb9ihi9fh9isfbnsf.png

And isn't it on eBay to put up their own (our) money and wager delivery dates based on solid intel?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply