Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Awaiting item?

March 9, 2017 , 10:34 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

HOUSTON, TX 77086 

March 9, 2017

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

Hello, I recently ordered an item on March 6th and I have been waiting patiently for my item. My seller emailed me stating some mix ups happened and there was a delay in shipping the item but he has now shipped it and should be here latest Monday, March 13th. He used Priority mail to ship this item as it is a very small yet expensive item. I am confused by the tracking info on the tracking number he uploaded as it literally only says "Shipping label created, USPS awaits item". At first I figured it was a glitch so I left it alone and assumed Monday would be the day it would show up. It is Monday now and mail has already run for the day and I contacted my local post office and there are no signs of this package anywhere. I am very worried as it is an expensive item and I would really like for it to come as soon as possible. When would you suggest I contact eBay for a refund? I messaged the seller and he has yet to reply. I would think considering this seller has 100% feedback with over 100 reviews and 3 reviews for this exact item I purchased I wouldn't be going through this. I guess I just need some advice from people that have been on eBay longer than me 🙂

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

USPS Awaiting item?

I'd wait until the end of this week.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

Typically, when the scan reads USPS awaiting item, it means that the seller has notified them of a pending shipment, but it has not yet been picked up or taken to the post office.  Check your estmated delivery date on your summary page, if it has passed you can open a case for "item not received".  I would try to contact the seller again.  With 100% feedback, he may have some other circumstances in life that are demanding his attention,  it happens. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

Keep in mind that sometimes tracking information is posted with a delay. You may get more current tracking information from the Post Office's website. Try searching the tracking number at www.usps.com. If you don't see any information, try again late tonight. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

Thank you for the replies!

I contacted him again today and just asked what was going on with this item and it's shipping dates. The due date is today (Monday the 13th) and he stated in a previous private message to me that it would be delivered Monday, March 13th at the latest. The tracking info still remains the same with it saying the label was created. I am a seller myself and know sometimes things can come up but I don't have any remourse for lying (if he is lying, will probably know for sure if the package hasn't arrived by tomorrow since there are no weather delays in my area). I'm overall dissappointed ain the experience with this seller even if I receive my item as he has not kept close contact with what has been going on.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

@dailydealsarena - I understand your disappointment with the Seller, believe me, I do, but it may not be his/her fault that it has not received any additional scans.  I am mostly buyer here, but I have also was a seller.  I will say this, try and give your Seller a little slack.  I had an item delayed at my local PO for a week - it was transferred there on 2/9/17 16:40.  I think the only way that I finally did receive the item was that I sent a screen print to my local PO showing that it was there.  They denied , denied, denied, and told me to "file a claim" (like they were gonna pay).  Sometimes scans are timely but here lately they are not. 

I also sent out an kind of expensive item, from NJ to CA and it took it nearly three (3) weeks before it was finally delivered.  I was sweating bullets for fear that the buyer would be upset, but she was happy when her item finally arrived!  I am waiting on two (2) items, one that should have been here on 3/9/17 and one I don't even know if it was shipped that is due tomorrow.  

Fingers crossed for you

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

I absolutely understand and I don't want to ruin anyone's day by being misled one way or another. It just angers me that the seller hasn't made an attempt to contact me regarding this situation. I will give it a few more days and really hope that the tracking info changes finally or my package shows up! It is still stuck at the "USPS awaiting item" check point, so it technically hasn't been "Shipped" according to the post office he is using. I will be as lenient as I can be with this situation!
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

🙂  

My son will tell anyone that "my mother has a short fuse sometimes" LOL, I really don't mean to be, but I get upset too, but when I get the item, I calm down if it is not a full moon 🙂  Best of luck that it will arrive soon and fingers still crossed 🙂

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

You have every right to feel the way you do.  In the end, the seller should apologize for this delay.  Best of luck with this. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

UPDATE:

The tracking just updated to-

March 13, 2017 , 4:57 pm

Acceptance

HOUSTON, TX 77070 

March 13, 2017 , 6:59 pm

Departed Post Office

HOUSTON, TX 77070

This tells me that I think my 2 messages I sent to him on Monday must have made him send the item. However, he still hasn't replied to my messages. This is very unprofessional. I would have been 100% okay with him just messaging me and letting me know there was a mixup and the item wouldn't be able to get shipped until Monday or whatever happened. I'm happy I'm getting the item but unhappy with the service this seller has provided me. Especially the lack of communication.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

How long will it take for a buyer to get his package by mail?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

@rockmaple wrote:

Keep in mind that sometimes tracking information is posted with a delay. You may get more current tracking information from the Post Office's website. Try searching the tracking number at www.usps.com. If you don't see any information, try again late tonight. 

I've seen that "awaiting item" message on the USPS website for a few days. Why does USPS post tracking if they haven't received the item?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

I'm going threw same thing, what it means is the seller has not brought iteam to post office to be shipped. Like mine says shipped but at bottom says waiting for update or iteam to be delivered to them. Meaning he still ain't shipped yet. And now my payment is being held threw PayPal and im having to wait their decision to get my money back. Meanwhile it's on hold in this guy's pay pal account. What makes me mad is I gotta wait for days to even get my money back!

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

@jjoa.b.beuu7le wrote:

And now my payment is on hold in this guy's pay pal account. What makes me mad is I gotta wait for days to even get my money back!

No @jjoa.b.beuu7le you don't. You can open an Item Not Received dispute right now at:

http://paypal.com/disputes

Immediately after opening the dispute, go to the Messages page and click Escalate to PayPal at the bottom. Then, if your seller doesn't deliver you item within 10 days, PayPal will get the money back from the seller for you.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

USPS Awaiting item?

It would be smarter to let eBay handle it first.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply