cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To refund or to wait

Hello all, 

So here is my situation; on 5/10 I against my better judgment purchased from an eBay seller in China, I try not to purchase outside of the USA. To my surprise, I received my purchase quickly and it was better than I expected so I contacted the seller directly and asked if they do custom orders. They said they did and I ask them to put it together and send me the link for the eBay ad. They contacted me and told me that they offered two shipping methods, one would take 30-45 days and the other (SpeedPAK) would be approx 20 days but would be more expensive. I told them the slower method would be fine as I didn't want to pay the extra fee. On 6/11/20 I made and paid for the purchase. Then the contacted me and told me due to the pandemic the slower method was not available and I needed to pay the difference for the SpeedPAK. So reluctantly I agreed. I received the SpeedPAK shipping number and I embraced the wait. Communication was good for the first week. They told me that because of the pandemic they would send me a small gift. Okay, whatever. I followed my purchase tracking number as it arrived in-country and all through customs, all the way to my door on 7/14/20. Nothing. I talked to the USPS and they confirmed that there was no package matching that as I described. But tracking showed that it had been delivered. It was the "gift". The tracking number that they assigned to my purchase was on the gift. So I contacted the seller and told them that I didn't receive my purchase and that I did not want to wait another month for it so I requested a full refund for both the purchase as well as the "shipping charges". They stated that they intended to send two parcels but there was a mix up in their warehouse and they would send it now. I told them they had a month already to correct their error and again I stated I wanted a complete refund. They have contacted me again and told me that the package is ready to ship and the would expedite it express. I have already told them that I am not going to cancel my INR claim and they have until 7/21/20 before I can ask eBay to step in. I'm trying to do the right thing and protect myself, but I would like to get what I purchased.
Okay, sorry so long but here are my questions:

1. I can bring eBay in on the 21st, how long do I have on my claim before it expires?

2. Should I tell the seller to go ahead and ship the package express, if it arrives before the end of my claim window I will cancel, but not before. Or should I just wait for the 21st and escalate. I have all correspondence to prove my claim. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

To refund or to wait

fa_8305
Thrill-Seeker

@jusdrummin wrote:

They told me that because of the pandemic they would send me a small gift. Okay, whatever. I followed my purchase tracking number as it arrived in-country and all through customs, all the way to my door on 7/14/20.

But tracking showed that it had been delivered. It was the "gift". The tracking number that they assigned to my purchase was on the gift.

I have already told them that I am not going to cancel my INR claim and they have until 7/21/20 before I can ask eBay to step in.

I have all correspondence to prove my claim. Thank you.

You will lose; your seller was counting on it. According to tracking, something was delivered, so you cannot win the Item Not Received claim: eBay will not look at your correspondence to make this decision.

Instead, cancel you INR claim now (or wait until eBay closes it for you), then click Return this item (or More Actions then Return this item) in your Purchase History. You are allowed to start a return request after you lose an Item Not Received claim -- use the reason Wrong item sent:

https://ip1.i.lithium.com/51d2b01579464c3ad48e2aa5e3c8ef63cc232682/687474703a2f2f696d616765732e7765736572762e6e6c2f3f75726c3d636f6d6d756e6974792e656261792e636f6d2f74352f696d6167652f736572766572706167652f696d6167652d69642f3631383134366939383342334338363331323637424531

If your seller didn't already Accept the return, then clicked I cannot send a label, wait the 3 business days, then click Ask eBay to step in.

eBay will put the case on hold for 5 days for the seller to either send cash for return shipping with tracking back to China, or simply refund, no return needed. If your seller does neither, after 5 days, eBay will force a refund, no return needed.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

To refund or to wait

@fa_8305 

Have you been in this same situation as a buyer and ebay did force a refund without you having to call them or is there a link where it states this is the procedure? I'm just curious as I've seen so many posts from buyers in similar situations and when they did not receive a label, there was no option to ask ebay to step in.   I haven't gone through it myself and am usually at a loss on how to help these buyers other than to tell them to contact ebay.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

To refund or to wait

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I'm just curious as I've seen so many posts from buyers in similar situations and when they did not receive a label, there was no option to ask ebay to step in.

When a buyer is stalled on a SNAD return without a prepaid return label and with no Ask eBay to step in option but finds a way to contact eBay, then eBay actually investigates and resolves the case for the buyer at a one-to-one level.

GS=CUxxxx Escalating claim to CS, I received an item that is not as described [#US $US 01 ].jpg

eBay places the case on hold for 5 days to allow the seller to do one of:

• Facilitate a means of return

• Issue a refund for the item

Also, notice let them know how much is the return shipping cost, just in case that they will choose the option to give you funds instead of a return label hints that this seller is not of this world, the US.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

To refund or to wait

Okay so update, I managed to force the seller to ship my purchase, however, it was incomplete. And I have been going back and forth with them for about 3 weeks on this. I told them that I believe that they were just trying to ride out my time on the INR claim.
So my question is, would your original suggestion still apply just select missing parts or pieces?

My INR claim expires tomorrow 8/14/20. I have just been biding my time, to see if they would finally do the right thing while keeping your suggestion in my back pocket.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply