cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I returned an item but no refund

I received a shipment (29. July 2020.) and I thought in the package is a diving watch that I bought (208€ ie. 223$..payment via Paypal) from at auction. The shipment was strangely light - my watch should be havy. When I opened the package inside it was a completely different wristwatch (oldtimer's look, somewhat morbid..).  I contacted the seller who responded quickly and admitted the mistake (confusion) that happened to him. The seller's response was: "Helloooo....sooooooo soooooorrry of course this is a confusion!!! so the other buyer received the package with your watch!!! Right now I contacted him and waiting for his answer!!! If there is any problem you will get back your money!!! 100% kindest regards".

I started procedure ie. Return this item (Diesen artikel zuruckgeben). The seller has accepted my request. How another seller's adress was indicated for the refund once again I asked the seller to which address to send the return shipment. The seller once again confirmed the address. Comunication was fine.

I sent a shipment with a tracking option where I could track the return of the shipment in detail. Of course I also paid for the return of the shipment.

When I saw that the shipment had arrived and that there had been one delivery attempt I contacted the seller. His response was that everything was fine and that the shipment would be picked up.

So, after another one delivery attempt, on August 11, 4:58 PM, I saw on the tracking that th eshipment (return) had been delivered (photo attached). After two days there was no refund I asked the seller twice about the refund but he did not answer..he stopped communicating.

On the ebay page still indicates that the shipment (return) has not been delivered..the question is wheter this means that until the seller indicates that he has received the return of the shipment officially the return of the shipment is not completed?

He therefore received my return of the shipment, he does not want to indicate that he has received, he does not want to make a refund and suddenly he stopped communicating.

I on the other hand have proof that he received my return shipment but I don't see a way to start a case on ebay. What I should do next to get a refund of my money?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Return tracking RF681012657HR_Item delivered 8_11_2020.jpg

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@pirsa22 wrote:

On the ebay page still indicates that the shipment (return) has not been delivered..

Send a private message @pirsa22 with your name, email, and postal code to eBay at Facebook or Twitter, to ask eBay to look at the tracking, and issue a refund.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply