cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller delay shipping my order

I bought a cuckoo clock on Ebay, but seller delay shipping my order. He told me: "Why does your payment say it’s pending? Just so you know I’m at japan at the moment so I might ship it in a few weeks".

Can I trust him? Please give me some advice. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Was there not an estimated delivery date in the listing? Why don't you just wait til a few days after that and, if it has not arrived by then, simply open an item not received case in the Resolution Center?

Was the seller actually shipping this cuckoo clock? 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

How did you pay the seller?  If the payment is pending it is not a cleared payment and the seller isn't required to ship until it is.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes, i paid this item. The payment was confirmed. I am afraid of this purchase over time of resolution on Paypal. And the seller will receive my money and without shipping my clock.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@mr.gonce wrote:
Yes, i paid this item. The payment was confirmed. I am afraid of this purchase over time of resolution on Paypal. And the seller will receive my money and without shipping my clock.

I didn't ask if you paid, but rather how you paid.  If your payment involved an eCheck, sellers are advised not to ship until they get the okay from PayPal to do so.  So if the payment is still showing as pending it could mean that the eCheck has not yet cleared and PayPal has not given the seller the okay to ship.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

All you can really do is open a INR claim on eBay 1 day past the last estimated delivery date has passed.

I will tell you, unless you sent the seller an e-check, a pending payment is not a good sign for either party. Does the feedback for the seller have any recent transaction? (I bet it doesn't)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply