cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eBay international shipping program?

International sellers,

I just got a link from eBay describing a new international shipping program. First look, it appears fantastic. It provides tracking, seller protection against negative feedback, and the costs are lower than USPS Delcon (which is the most cost-effective method I've found for tracked international shipping).

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-international-standard-delivery.html 

Currently I use a shipping table to discriminate between Delcon and non-Delcon countries. Delcon contries track USPS First Class International, so I get tracking without charging for Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express. Under the announced system, the shipping cost is about 20% less than Delcon, AND it applies worldwide.

For me, the problem was non-Delcon countries. I tried sending shipments by USPS 1st Class International, but a couple untracked delivery failures pushed me to specify Priority Mail Express for non-Delcon countries. This almost tripled the shipping charges, and I lost virtually all sales in a couple countries (e. g., China) that had been providing my highest bids and sales prices. This program should address this for me.

I'm usually skeptical about eBay initiatives, so I'm interested in hearing other perspectives. To me, the announced program gives the benefits of the old GPS program without the premium cost. If there are no gotcha's, I would say that whoever figured this out and implemented it at eBay is to be commended.

Mike

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Girl group Black Pink likely hit on DDU first, the Deliver Duties Unpaid concept,

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-iIXimfKfe4/maxresdefault.jpg

before eBay adopted International Standard Delivery consoldification, which uses DDU.

We have no bahamas today.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I think it's very nice 🙂

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

I’m going to wait judgement until people start using it and I see how it really is working.

GSP includes all the fees so the customer doesn’t have to pay extra at their end where this new system does not.

I don’t really like the idea that the buyer could refuse to pay the customs (or whatever) fees and then there potentially could be an issue.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Girl group Black Pink likely hit on DDU first, the Deliver Duties Unpaid concept,

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-iIXimfKfe4/maxresdefault.jpg

before eBay adopted International Standard Delivery consoldification, which uses DDU.

We have no bahamas today.
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

@klhmdg wrote:

I’m going to wait judgement until people start using it and I see how it really is working.

GSP includes all the fees so the customer doesn’t have to pay extra at their end where this new system does not.

I don’t really like the idea that the buyer could refuse to pay the customs (or whatever) fees and then there potentially could be an issue.

Like you, I will take the wait and see approach.

The thing that has me somewhat leery is the reference to Ebays “Trusted warehouse partners”

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

I accidently just purchased a label through this program this morning.  It printed out as a label going to California instead of Israel where it's supposed to go.  I'm guessing it is shipped to a clearing house in the states where they attach a customs form that I don't see or sign then they supposedly attach a different postage label to get it to where it's supposed to go?

Count me skeptical.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

With eBay's GSP you ship to their global shipping center in Kentucky. From there you are "off the hook" so to speak. They deal with customs forms and any additional shipping costs the buyer has to get the package to their address.

It also provides you with some protections as a seller.

I have used this a few times and it seemed to work out.

Here is some more info: https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/global-shipping-program.html

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

@bin2500 wrote:

With eBay's GSP you ship to their global shipping center in Kentucky. From there you are "off the hook" so to speak. They deal with customs forms and any additional shipping costs the buyer has to get the package to their address.

It also provides you with some protections as a seller.

I have used this a few times and it seemed to work out.

Here is some more info: https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/global-shipping-program.html

All well and good, but the GSP is not, and will not be available to "managed payment" sellers.

Most U.S. sellers will be inducted (or leave) into MP by 2021.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Nice to offer but when international shipping went over $12 sales dropped 99%, too little too late

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Hi mistkistcranberry,

Would you mind sharing the image of the new shipping label?

Thanks,

baypari

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

All well and good, but the GSP is not, and will not be available to "managed payment" sellers.

Most U.S. sellers will be inducted (or leave) into MP by 2021.

Why aren't we taking the cue/clue that while Pitney Bowes takes program fees for GSP through their account at PayPal, they will not open a Managed Payments account to take payments for GSP, despite it's an eBay program?

And that USPS takes payments for eBay labels through the USPS account at PayPal, which allows sellers in Managed Payments to continue to buy labels, because USPS will not open a Managed Payments account to take postage?

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

I did the same thing goign to KS. When I do international first class it charges way more then what I usually quoted. Even when in to pay pal to try to ship it and it still is high. I called Ebay and they told me it goes to their warehouse and they ship it. My problem was it did not charge my pay pal account for postage. I called them and then had to reprint the label and it purchase the second time. I was not charged the first time. I don't really like this new system at all. 

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

I did this but it did not charge my pay pal account in the shipping fee. 

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

One gotcha I see is that in it's description of the New eBay International Delivery they don't mention that you can't put more than one order in the package.  When you get to the label printing stage there is a notice that you can't put more than one Order in the package.

trustblue127

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I decided to try the new ISP, hoping that it would not pull the trick of GSP that confiscated orders for unwritten rules Pitney Bowes made up, claiming the items were "restricted". When the label went to the same place in Kentucky as GSP, I am not confident my customer will get their order.
Message 15 of 29
latest reply