cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Radio DJs advertised ebay's return loophole

I'm sure many people already know the ebay return loophole with false SNADs. But I recently heard on a popular local radio show where the DJs talked about returning items from ebay/Amazon and not having to pay any money to return it. They also went further and said many times you get to keep the item for free... and mentioned how to do it.

There was little guilt shown by the DJs who admitted to doing so, and said "everyone does it." One thing that bothered me was that one DJ said "Yea, stick it to Jeff Bezos" as if it's a victimless crime. This clearly shows that the public masses don't understand that doing these things doesn't really hurt the company's executives. It mainly hurts the individual sellers... ordinary people like everyone else who try to make money for their familes... paying their bills. I tried calling in the radio station to voice that, but I never am able to get thru every time I try to call.

This is one reason why I never allow a buyer to keep a return... I always require them to send it back even if my return shipping cost outweighs the value of the item itself.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Ugh, that's just disheartening. Sure the internet is full of this kind of info, but it's sad to hear it the old-fashioned way...

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Well, the truth shouldn't hurt... but in this case, it does. Hurts even more knowing it's being broadcasted.  Geez...

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

as if it's a victimless crime.

---------------------------------------------

Along those lines.  Time before last when at the Olive Garden, customers did a "dine 'n dash".

I suspect the thought was that they were sticking it to "corporate", but of course what they did was to take a big chunk of the server's earnings for the evening. 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

as if it's a victimless crime.

---------------------------------------------

Along those lines.  Time before last when at the Olive Garden, customers did a "dine 'n dash".

I suspect the thought was that they were sticking it to "corporate", but of course what they did was to take a big chunk of the server's earnings for the evening. 

I'm pretty sure those customers have also made many false SNADs.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Q: I tried calling in the radio station to voice that, but I never am able to get thru every time I try to call.

A: See if you can get some citizens to shame these DJs on social media.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

The perception of most buyers is that cancellations or returns are harmless. Should a set of Frequently Asked Questions FAQ's be displayed when buyers do things that adversely affects sellers?

Q1: If I request to cancel an order, does the seller get all of their selling fees refunded?
A1: No. They are out the swipe fee. With Paypal, they are also out the percentage fee.

Some buyers would not read the FAQ's or care. Others might read and care. How about having a 'consolation prize' button so the buyer could let the seller keep a little money to cover their losses? How about a second button with an even larger dollar amount for unpaid labor?
The 12.35% FVF plus $0.30 should be non-refundable when the buyer clicks on Bid, Commit, Accept Best Offer or Buy-It-Now, etc.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Name of this radio show and what Chanel (call letters etc) was it on???

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

I'd get the e-mail for the radio station manager and send them a carefully worded letter- and possibly links to social media where the DJs were called out for this s----y behavior. Advertising it on air? Sheesh... demand they announce an on-air retraction during their show.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

OH gawd, just what we all need here. It’s the price merchant pay for all these gimmicks and perhaps the wealthiest and biggest corps can be OK with truckloads of free merchandise sent out but NOT for the average seller in America on here. This is disgusting stuff that should not be aired on the radio. Jeff Bezos is brilliant and deserves every cent he has for developing one of the most efficient websites on the planet.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

A retraction would just give further publicity to the workaround.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Wickedly wrong!! What idiots. 

Coal in their stockings, for sure!!

I'm writing to Santa 🎅 

G.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

I think you should write to an FCC commissioner and copy the station general manager's email. Passive aggressive but should get the station manager's attention--FCC fines are swift and nothing to mess around with.  (They're not supposed to be using the public airwaves to promote fraud.) https://www.fcc.gov/about/contact

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

A retraction would just give further publicity to the workaround.

I clicked 'Helpful' on @coffeebean832 (great post), and my thought just after I clicked was your  thought. I think @nobody*s_perfect is right. Less IS more.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

anneecakes suggestion is better than mine was. I made it halfway- she took it the rest of the way.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply