cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Guaranteed delivery work?

I was supposed to get an item today with guaranteed delivery, but as of 8pm, nothing. When I try to file a late delivery report, I get, There's still time before your item should be delivered. If you don't have your item by the guaranteed delivery date you can try again. Just how long am I supposed to wait?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Looks like eBay won't allow a late Guaranteed Delivery until the 7am hour Pacific time, regardless tracking still in transit, or no tracking number at all.

But try now, in the 6am Pacific time hour, to test if that's the earliest.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

If it is due today, then you should be able to file a claim tomorrow.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

" Just how long am I supposed to wait? "

Well, just how patient are you ?

I personally give it a few days before doing anything, realizing there are a number of things beyond the sellers control in regards to guaranteed delivery dates.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

I was supposed to get an item today with guaranteed delivery, but as of 8pm, nothing. When I try to file a late delivery report, I get, There's still time before your item should be delivered. If you don't have your item by the guaranteed delivery date you can try again. Just how long am I supposed to wait?

eBay is running on PST

They do not recognize those of us on the East coast are ahead of them. Also they are slow to update tracking. We know it is probably not the case, but eBay may think the carrier has not yet transmitted the days data.

As orange said, ..........................tomorrow

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

OK I'll check back tomorrow.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Tried to file this morning and still get the same, There's still time before your item should be delivered. If you don't have your item by the guaranteed delivery date you can try again. Beginning to think this GD thing is just a scam to get buyers to buy from sellers that that have it. Seems meaningless.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

Tried to file this morning and still get the same, There's still time before your item should be delivered. If you don't have your item by the guaranteed delivery date you can try again. Beginning to think this GD thing is just a scam to get buyers to buy from sellers that that have it. Seems meaningless.

Hmmmm ... that's interesting.

Perhaps eBay is waiting until it is actually delivered before they will allow a Guaranteed Delivery claim ... as someone mentioned above, USPS tracking can be screwy sometimes, and so they may just be waiting for a confirmation of the date it actually gets delivered.

Once that happens, I would assume you could then file your claim.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

same thing happened to me, also i dont think 'your item has shipped' message should be sent when only a label has been created and carrier is waiting for item for days!  i hate false staments!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Looks like eBay won't allow a late Guaranteed Delivery until the 7am hour Pacific time, regardless tracking still in transit, or no tracking number at all.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@aks809 wrote:

Yes that worked. Got a $5 Ebay voucher.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Very good, thanks for checking for the earliest hour eBay starts honoring an eGD late claim. Notice also that the voucher expires in 31 calendar days, not the usual 30 or 14 days. It seems eBay is serious and honest about Guaranteed Delivery.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply