cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure of USPS Tracking? Package Delivered to USPS Not Shown as in Transit

On Monday, 7/10/17, I created a USPS shipping label for Parcel Select Post using the eBay portal.  I hand-delivered the package to the post office, and a clerk took it from me and placed it in one of their big bins.  Since I don't often use the USPS, I didn't realize I could ask for it to be scanned, but I understand from an announcedment on their site that every package with a tracking bar code must be scanned when received, whether the customer requests it or not.   As of today, 7/15/17, the tracking site says that it is awaiting the package.

Any suggestions on any recourse I may have?  Both my seller and I are anxious about this, but all it seems that we can do is keep checking the USPS site.

Any help will be gratefully received!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sometimes pkgs are not scanned until the day of delivery,and parcel select is very slow shipping. If you dont receive the pkg a few days after estimated delivery date, file an inr.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Im sorry,you are the seller? If your buyer doesnt receive the pkg within estimated delvery date, Im sure you will hear from her.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It happens. I've had Parcel Select items not scanned as accepted for 4 days when I left them at the counter. I had one First Class that was never scanned. I assume the buyer got it because they never  contacted me. Obviously I'm not going to contact them. I had another that was never scanned until delivered.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I hope this will be one of those "scanned when delivered" situations.  I alerted the buyer to the issue a couple of days after I dropped it off (when I saw the issue), and we're both watching it.  We'll get it resolved one way or another, I'm sure.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

How much did you save using Parcel Select?

I've never seen where it was as much as $1.

And the grief factor is significant.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It was a large package. The savings were significant.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

must have been a real large package.

usually priority mail is close to the same price as parcel select

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@dbmm-media wrote:

must have been a real large package.

usually priority mail is close to the same price as parcel select

If you ship using online postage. If you pay OTC there can be a huge difference.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 9
latest reply