cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery

So recently my package came in, it was a bit bigger than my po box, but I wonder- since I live in an apartment complex..Am I able to input my intercom buzzer/callbox # that way my package could be left on my front door instead of going to the Post Office?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Delivery

The carrier probably isn't planning to bring it back out since they left a slip for you to pick it up at the post office.

Call the local post office to arrange re-delivery and ask them if they can leave the package for you. In my experience the carriers will not go up to another floor to leave a package at your door but they may at their discretion- or with your written consent- leave it on the floor by the communal mailbox space. Maybe it's different where you live, but that has always been my experience.

If you will be home on Saturday then ask to arrange re-delivery on a Saturday and ask what time to expect the carrier- then you can wait by the mail box for them.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Delivery

Do you have all your mail sent to a PO Box at a post office?  Or are you referring to a box in your apartment building as a "po box"?

If your mailing address is the PO Box at a post office then no, you would not likely be able to have the package sent to your apartment.  You need to have the physical address as a mailing address of record with your local post office in order to have a package delivered there.

If you do have mail delivered to your physical location rather than a Post Office Box, then it is up to carrier procedure in that building.  If they deliver to the door for the building by using the buzzer then they can probably do it.  If they do not go beyond the mail area in the building for anyone else, they won't for you either. 

These are things you need to ask your own post office.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Delivery

Time to petition the landlord to provide parcel lockers.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply